cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Outside

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
This looks like fun under controlled circumstances. I would love to try this at dusk or on an overcast day.

1.check weather report
2. find a safe place
3. make sure a pair of eyes keeps you from falling into the abyss.

Good times.

https://youtu.be/-V_UCN8HTAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD0cy6I6pfY

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
30 REPLIES 30

Reddburg
Honored Guest
I want to use my Quest outside to have a larger play area. I tested in the late afternoon shadow behind my house. The head tracking worked but it kept losing the controllers.
I set up a screen house & the extra share worked but it's still too bright during the day. I've been looking at more opaque options like party tents, cabin tents, & portable garages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot of elementary schools have a covered area for the kids to play hopscotch and such while it's raining. At least in my area. Not as big as a field, but still bigger than my bachelor suite. 😛

mike_k_kohnke
Honored Guest
I took mine into the front yard at night under the street light. Made a guardian of about 20x20 feet and used Nature Trek. It was cool to walk around the environment, but any neighbors that saw me orbably thought I was drunk and lost!

PaulRand_UK
Explorer
Tea For God outside. 

OMFG. 

MAJOIRTOM
Honored Guest
I'm thinking maybe on the next quest they try and find a way to able to use it outside what's the point of calling it a quest if you cant venture outside and do a quest...

Evoga
Protege
The quest works amazingly well outside and it’s my preferred place to use it.  Having all that freedom of space and the wind on your body heightens the experience.  

AC_Cecere
Honored Guest
I used my quest outside earier this morning.  It is overcast here today, so there wasn't any direct sunlight, but it was pretty light out.  I didn't have any issues tracking with my headset or controllers and got a much larger play area.  I'm hoping to use mine this Summer outside in the shade of my backyard, or in my garage.  Just avoid direct sunlight and you'll be fine.  

Super717
Honored Guest
Seems to me someone could easily build an attachment you put on the device that would shine the exact amount of light needed while blotting out all other light sources. Then truly play Anywhere. Anytime. 

ezop73
Rising Star

Super717 said:

Seems to me someone could easily build an attachment you put on the device that would shine the exact amount of light needed while blotting out all other light sources. Then truly play Anywhere. Anytime. 

Off you go then

w_benjamin
Adventurer

Super717 said:

'Cuz we don't look silly enough already...

https://www.amazon.com/Luwint-Diameter-Gardening-Umbrella-Headwear/dp/B013QV0MYS