cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift vs rift s

raymond_brill_3
Honored Guest
I'm looking at buying an oculus rift/rift s and I cant decide between them which do you guys reccomend I've seen rift s and noticed it doesn't have sensors and that worries me.
6 REPLIES 6

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I think you - for now - can say get Rift-S if you want the best image quality or get the Rift if you want the best presence in virtual worlds.

Now that was easy, right?  😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Rift S if you want better displays and next to no Godrays. Rift CV1 if you want great tracking and much better sound. I've kept Rift CV1 because I don't like the tracking on Rift S.

raymond_brill_3
Honored Guest
Thx guys think I'm gonna go for the rift as the tracking would be better for what I like

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@raymond.brill.3 - You will need a 3 sensor set up though for 360 degree tracking to be good.

andrewenz
Honored Guest
Agree with the above comments. Love the updated graphics and comfort on the S, but I'm so disappointed with the tracking compared to the CV1. I never lost a game on the CV1 because it couldn't see my hands. It's a regular occurrence on the S.

raymond_brill_3
Honored Guest
Thx guys much appreciated