cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird frame-glitch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I've received the Rift S this week and I'm really starting to like it.
Coming from the CV1, I still sort of miss the 'color-pop' (OLED) and, of course, the audio / headphones.
I think the inside-out-tracking is nothing short of phenomenal and the ergonomics... I guess I'll get used to the halo-strap at some point...

One minor issue, though:
Every now and then, a distorted, white "old-TV-noise"-image is being displayed.
Not a huge issue as it's only there for a fraction of a second.
Still, I was wondering whether anyone else is experiencing the same issue and if I should return / swap the HMD?

I'm running the Rift S on an ASUS GL502VMK (GTX 1060 / i7-7700HQ).

Thank you in advance & best regards

P.S:
Any way the color-parameters could be "modified"? (contrast / brightness etc.)
12 REPLIES 12

Tisa-
Explorer
@ZebKingston
I noticed the same issue, the white "old-TV-noise" image appears sometimes.
Looks like the screen resets for a fraction of second.

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
MotherBoard : ASUS Prime X470-PRO
Graphic Card : MSI Radeon RX Vega56 Air Boost OC

SLM101
Protege
Same problem, Rift S used for about 3 hours. Seen the white flash around 5 times already. Hopefully will get fixed with a firmware update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ran both the Software / Firmware-update yesterday - didn't change a thing...

KyoshiVRC
Explorer

Ran both the Software / Firmware-update yesterday - didn't change a thing...

Oculus has confirmed that they are looking into the issue and will be working on it for the official firmware release. A lot of people have experienced this and some guy even got a replacement but he still experienced it, so here's hoping for a fix from Oculus soon. It appears to be a software/firmware issue so we just have to wait. But if you don't feel like waiting you could always return it now.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
I got a second Rift S for that reason and this glitch still remains... I've been in a discussion with the technical staff for a couple of days and they don't seem to provide any answer yet. Hardware or software ? Don't know.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Yobiwan29 Hmm OK that's unsettling...
@KyoshiVRC Don't really want to return it as I really like the Rift S / the new features

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on my second Rift S, having returned the first one to Amazon for replacement due to black screen issue.
Both units have exhibited the very brief white flash occasionally.
It is very brief and occurs not too often, so it really is not taking away much my enjoyment playing games,
I do hope for a firmware/software fix at some point, they get rid of that and my unit would be perfect.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@dburne My thoughts exactly! I'd rather experience the frame-glitch every now and then and keep this great HMD! Here's hoping for a Software / Firmware-Update.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
There has been an update released today that might help things out.  Not had chance to test it myself, but as I also get the occasional "White noise" screen, I will be checking it out later tonight.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."