cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime after 1.38 Update

MrSheppard
Protege
My Rift S functioned fine until last night where the 1.38 Update was downloaded.
Today, i only get "Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime" message with the suggestion to restart my PC or try repairing the installation. 
So i went and tried the repairing process. After it was done, the headset worked again.
The next day, the Oculus software automatically started the 1.38 update.
After this update the same message mentioned above showed up again.

I suspect this update broke the RuntimeVR service which can not start anymore.
I hope i can get some help.
72 REPLIES 72

Jason218302
Honored Guest

pcfarrar said:

pcfarrar said:

Many thanks!
Can you remember to us the correct path where is located OVRService Launcher.. so we're pretty sure to overwrite correctly? 

You need to put it in "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime"

Thanks!!!!!! ... I Hope all works properly until official fix... and maybe i hope official support write soon... the problem is great and affect many users....

That worked!! Oculus Library still not running properly but that seemed to work! Use this if you are having the failed to connect issue. But use at your own Risk! Thank you for the fix. Works for the oculus store and steam vr if anyone's wondering.

Mezqa
Honored Guest

pcfarrar said:

pcfarrar said:

Many thanks!
Can you remember to us the correct path where is located OVRService Launcher.. so we're pretty sure to overwrite correctly? 

Thanks!!!!!! ... I Hope all works properly until official fix... and maybe i hope official support write soon... the problem is great and affect many users....

That worked!! Oculus Library still not running properly but that seemed to work! Use this if you are having the failed to connect issue. But use at your own Risk! Thank you for the fix. Works for the oculus store and steam vr if anyone's wondering.

In my particular case, when I paste the file, it sends me an error message and forwards me to the installation page. At that moment, it detects an error and the application does not get installed.
I had to re-delete all the appdata files and reinstall to send the diagnostic log to Oculus support.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I fixed the problem by changing the user name in Windows, because it includes a non-English letter (stéphane by stephane for me).

Windows key + R
type "netplwiz" and OK
Click on the account to change then properties
and you change the name.
restart the pc

HologramParsons
Honored Guest
Serious, Fix it! same problem here.

Gearwyn
Explorer

Mezqa said:

pcfarrar said:

pcfarrar said:

Many thanks!

In my particular case, when I paste the file, it sends me an error message and forwards me to the installation page. At that moment, it detects an error and the application does not get installed.
I had to re-delete all the appdata files and reinstall to send the diagnostic log to Oculus support.

ME--- You have to delete the service launcher and replace with the one above and it should work. Or just cut and paste the original into another folder if your afraid of deleting.

Retzinsky
Honored Guest
My support ticket just got updated. They say they're aware the problem is affecting multiple users and that they're working on a fix.

V12-StevenX
Protege

Retzinsky said:

My support ticket just got updated. They say they're aware the problem is affecting multiple users and that they're working on a fix.

Good!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retzinsky said:

Given that this was a patch day0 explosion, i wouldn't be holding our breath. let alone formally communicating in this on their own forums to the community that athey're aware and working on it.. 

Laughable. 

Dr_Hippo404
Honored Guest
Still having this issue with my Rift S as well. Installing oculus software just getting stuck at 99% complete

LILxJACKAL
Explorer
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/c24aq2/fix_for_the_137_138_install_freezing/

Here you go guys ! this worked for me . I've been losing my mind since last Thursday , repairing did nothing . Always stuck at 99% did every possible work around but this actually worked. If this works share this with everyone who's stuck on 99%.