cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

micheal3
Explorer
Ok. If I use the setting "Close Oculus Home on Tool Exit" & "Launch Oculus Home on Tool Start", the audio switcher works as should. I start OTT, it starts Home, and audio switches to Rift headphones. I exit OTT, Home closes, audio switches to default speakers.

However, if I use just the setting "Launch Oculus Home on Tool Start",  I start OTT, it starts Home, and audio switches to Rift headphones. I close Home, it does not switch back to default speakers. Even if I then exit OTT, the audio does not switch.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@micheal3 Thanks for the additional info, will take a look though the code tonight.

Cheers!

Cosmo5
Honored Guest
Wow, its a must have ! Works with rift s. Good job ApollyonVR.

JesseDeya
Expert Protege
Hi @ApollyonVR 🙂 Long time (I helped test OTT back in the day)!

I've just set my Rift up again after a year off, new Windows install, and I'm having problems with two things:

Steam Library import. I may have made a mistake and manually imported with OTT before I tried running the games in Steam - oops. I ended up with some games that just didn't work  (IL2, Elite Dangerous - the links were wrong and did nothing) so I removed them from the Oculus library. Now I can't seem to get them back. OTT seems them in the import steam library list - but I can't seem to get it to re-import them.

So question 1)  What is the best way to repair my Oculus library and include all my Steam VR games?

I'm also having no joy with voice commands. I have a fully trained speech recog library, and voice attack works with >90% confidence, but I can't get OTT to recognise a thing. Additionally, the hotkeys for ASW/Hud don't work (or I'm doing it wrong. I am not using the Rift mic - does that matter?

Question 2) How do I get voice recog to work in OTT, and/or the hotkeys?

Thanks again, you've made amazing improvements to OTT over the past year or so!

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@JesseDeya Yo! Long time to chat! 😃
For the library, you should try importing the game via Oculus Home. So start Oculsu Home, go to the LIbrary, and in the upper right corner there's a plus sign. Click that, and in the dialog that open there's a link below, "App not listed? Add it here"
clicing the "Add it here" link will open a file browser dialog where you can brose for the launch file of the game.
I believe Elite uses a launcher, "EDLaunch.exe", while the actual game is started by "ORID.exe". So you want to select "EDLaunch" when you browse for the game in Home. In OTT you might want to use ORID.exe as process to moitor as the launcher does not "stay up" so to speak, it just starts the game up then exists.Just ping me in a PM if that sounded confusing and we'll chat about that.

Next, voice commands will only work if you have English as display language in Windows. So if you are running with any other language, it won't work. So let me know how that is setup on your pc and we might be able to figure something out.
Also, if you do have English as display language, play around with the confidence setting, the little slider at the bottom of the voice commands window. Try setting it really low or really high and check the Log tab while/after you speak some commands and see what it says.

The hotkeys are a work in progress, i have a new build out with hopefully a better implementation of that so i'll send you a link in a PM.

Cheers!

Rahotep
Protege
Is it save to use it with rift s and v1.38?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rahotep said:

Is it save to use it with rift s and v1.38?

Yes I am using it just fine.

mwerle
Explorer

I believe Elite uses a launcher, "EDLaunch.exe", while the actual game is started by "ORID.exe". 

Just to elaborate on this, if Elite Dangerous is installed by Oculus, ORID.exe launches EDLaunch.exe which then launches the game. This rigmarole appears to be needed to have proper Dash support in ED (which, incidentally, works brilliantly; I pull various windows from EDDiscovery into ED as well as stream chat and pin them to various places in my cockpit.  Now all we need is a way to save that layout as a profile.. are you listening, Oculus?).

But the Steam version of ED does _not_ have ORID.exe, it just goes via EDlaunch.exe and then the game.

It would be great if we could get FDev to fix ED properly so that neither ORID nor EDLaunch are required for Steam/Oculus installed versions, but we've been petitioning them about this for a very long time so I doubt we'll see any fixes there.

Sigma8510
Explorer
After Oculus software update to 1.38.1, Oculus Homeless option does not appear to be working in OTT.  Using version 86.1.  Anyone else seeing this?

71st_Mastiff
Honored Guest

Sigma8510 said:

After Oculus software update to 1.38.1, Oculus Homeless option does not appear to be working in OTT.  Using version 86.1.  Anyone else seeing this?

working for me.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||