cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Rift S without Touch controllers ?

EuroSpaceCenter
Honored Guest
Hello guys,

I set Guardian and then I disable it in the VR pannel with touch controllers.
Now I want to use my custom VR app without any Touch controller.
But the Oculus app is asking me for a Touch connection after a while and prevents my app from working well.
Is there a way to disable the Touch request in Oculus app ?
I don't want to start every time a Touch before using my app and have to replace battery...
Plus the whole thing (computer included) is working on a mobile simulator and I don't want to fix the Touch on it...

I hope some of you will help me with that.

Regards,

Rémy
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you got an Xbox One controller? Or any other gamepad? Turning on an Xbox One controller should get rid of the message.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Other way around this is to startup your custom app from your Oculus desktop app /library.  Start it up then put on your headset.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

supermutant36
Honored Guest
we are working on something similar. We already tried it with the xbox controller but its working very inconsistent.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really do wish even a HOTAS & MOUSE could be used to not require getting TOUCH out for the sims.

EuroSpaceCenter
Honored Guest
Thanks for your answers.
The only good solution I have now is to attach on of the Touch to my mobile simulator and turn the controller on by pressing a button before I use my app.
Maybe a future update will solve this.
I you find something interesting, please let me know.