cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rift stays black after update today :(

VRSnoopy
Honored Guest
Hello!

Oculus software got updated today, including a driver update, and now my Rift stays black! ::cold_sweat: 

I already updated the grafic card driver and repaired the Oculus software...but still black!

Anyone got the same problem and help?

Thank you
27 REPLIES 27

Hoernle
Explorer
Yes i have exactly the same problem. Is your orange light on but the white LED is not appearing when opening the software, right? Do you get a notification in the Oculus software that your rift is not working correctly? The suggested support page says sth about dash not working, am I right? 

nyomen
Honored Guest
Same here, DisplayPort just says no.
So its working for like 30 Seconds and then it just says the DisplayPort is not connected correct. 
Used this USB-Port and Display-Port for like 2 weeks and yesterday it just stopped working.
Restarting, Reinstalling driver (rift and nvidia driver), using different DisplayPort, using another USB-Port nothing is working anymore.
Sound, Microphone, Headtracking and Controllers are still working in the first 30 secs but the screen just stays black all the time.
Seems to be a real issue with the firmware update.
Can't imagine the hardware broke somehow till the rift s chilled on my desk all the time and the cable was just taking care of all the time.

Btw: Don't know why this should be answered, since the problem seems to persist on Rift and Rift S users.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here. I downloaded the update two days ago and ever since, the display was black and the LED color is orange.
After several repair tentative and fully reinstalling three times (OculusApp>Uninstall + registry + AppData) and graphic card updates, nothing has changed. When I plug the HDMI cable on the computer, Windows doesn't detect the new display.
However I tested the installation procedure on another computer and it was flawless, everything works fine and the display shows correctly everything so I think it really is related to some data not cleared on the computer.

Hoernle
Explorer
it's good to hear that I am not alone with this issue. It makes it more likely that the update has an issue on some maschines.

@@johann_novak_sh Is your Rift (and the sensors) green in the oculus software under devices? How do you know Windows doesn't detect the display?

Grays
Explorer
Hello,

I had a similar problem yesterday.  Maybe here it's your (temporary) solution, it works for me.
Go to the installation directory (default : C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime) and run OVRServer_x64.exe file.  A command window will open, and MUST stay open (you can minimize it).
Then if we've the same issue, your Rift will work again.

It's a temporaty solution but it works (for me atleast).

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I did the first update, yes it seemed to the OculusApp that everything was ok. I could launch an app in the OculusApp but nothing happened. However, as of now, I can no longer install the software completely because a part of the installation requires to put on the HMD.
I know that it isn't correctly detected because before, when I plugged the Rift's HDMI, my two monitors turn black for a second. But it is no longer the case.

By the way, my specs :
Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134
NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Grays
Explorer
Yes there's a serious issue with the installation right now.  It need to be fixed.
It's seems that there's an issue with Windows 10 - 1903 update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I tested the fix with the manual launch of OVRServer_x64.exe.
Somehow, it was already launched so I had to kill it manually beforehand. Then I installed again the OculusApp. At first, it didn't found the HDMI so I unplugged/plugged it but it was still not found. I ignored all of the following steps and was able to access to the OculusApp. Finally I killed the server the started it again, and my Rift was found.
To sum up, playing with the manual launch of the OVRServer_64.exe somehow fixed the issue.

So thank you very much for the temporary solution, this got me through the missing HDMI issue !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello again,

After testing the Rift, it appears that the display seems ok but I cannot open OculusHome nor self made applications.
On ovr_Initialize(), the following line is output and times out for at least one minute :

[Client] Connected to the server running version (prod = 1).1.38.0(build = 256587) feature version = 0. Client runs version (prod = 1).1.37.0(build = 0) feature version = 0

There seems to be a mismatch between the client and the server.
Besides, ovr_Create returns false and according to the last error, there is "no HMD attached" (code -1007).

Does any one have any clues about this ?