cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Updated Knuckles Support Game List  o:)

TitleStatusSource
#ArcheryImplementedX
#SelfieTennisImplementedX
#SkiJumpImplementedX
A Township TaleImplementedX
Accounting+ImplementedX
Arizona SunshineImplementedX
AudioshieldImplementedX
Beat the Rhythm VRPendingX
Bigscreen BetaImplementedX
Blade and SorceryPendingX
Blood TrailPendingX
BONEWORKSPending ReleaseX
ClimbeyImplementedX
COMPOUNDImplementedX
ContractorsPendingX
Drop In - Battle RoyalePending ReleaseX
Disassembly VRPendingX
Drunkn Bar FightPendingX
FirmamentPending ReleaseX
Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help WantedPending ReleaseX
FujiiImplementedX
GORNImplementedX
Gravity Lab - Gravitational Testing Facility & ObservationsImplementedX
Gravity SketchPendingX
Hand to Hand CombatPending ReleaseX
HolodancePendingX
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand GrenadesPendingX
Jet IslandImplementedX
Job SimulatorImplementedX
ModboxImplementedX
Moondust: Knuckles Tech DemosImplementedX
Museum of Other RealitiesPending ReleaseX
Natural LocomotionImplementedX
Neos VRImplementedX
No Man's SkyPending ReleaseX
OnwardPendingX
OpenVR Advanced SettingsImplementedX
Pavlov VRPendingX
PlutoImplementedX
PokerStars VRImplementedX
Rec RoomImplementedX
Sairento VRImplementedX
Serious Sam VR: The First EncounterImplementedX
Serious Sam VR: The Second EncounterImplementedX
Serious Sam VR: The Last HopeImplementedX
Serious Sam 3 VR: BFEImplementedX
Shadow Legend VRImplementedX
SkyworldImplementedX
Skyworld: Kingdom BrawlImplementedX
Space Pirate TrainerImplementedX
SUPERHOT VRImplementedX
Tales Of GloryImplementedX
The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the StarseedPendingX
The Gallery - Episode 2: Heart of the EmberstonePendingX
The Talos Principle VRImplementedX
The Woods: VR Escape the RoomPendingX
Tilt BrushImplementedX
Trover Saves the UniversePending ReleaseX
Vacation SimulatorImplementedX
Vanishing Realms™ImplementedX
Vertigo 2Pending ReleaseX
Vinyl RealityPendingX
Virtual DesktopImplementedX
Vox MachinaeImplementedX
VRChatPendingX
VTOL VRPendingX
Waltz of the WizardPendingX
Windlands 2ImplementedX

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

TomCgcmfc said:

RuneSR2 said:

Valve just posted a long article about FOV, pretty cool stuff  ❤️  B)

https://www.valvesoftware.com/sv/index/deep-dive/fov

Thanks for that mate!

What's not clear to me is how the 5 degree/eye lens canting is going to work for all VR systems.  They say that normal rear projection should handle this but I'm not sure it will if you load Oculus Store apps with Revive and/or use opencompositeVR?  This is the info so far;

"The main downside of canting is that both the existing software content library and the field of GPU rendering hardware are all typically optimized for parallel eyes. Fortunately, this may be readily compensated for in software using the re-projection techniques we already depend on for maintaining a constant frame rate. We just need to do a tiny bit every frame.... This way, apps past, present, and future may continue rendering in parallel as they always have, and they will "just work" for HMDs with mild amounts of cant angles."

I guess we will not really know for sure until brave beta testers with deep pocket let us know, lol! 

I think with the way Revive works is that it uses SteamVR primarily and basically hacks the Oculus games to work with Steam. If that's the case then canting should still be accounted for by SteamVR like it would for any other game. When I use Re-Vive, Supersampling and all that is still done with SteamVR and all of my normal Steam functions still work. We won't know for sure until someone tries it though as I think the Re-Vive dev only has Knuckles and not an Index. 

The Oculus SDK has supported canted eyes since around 1.17. (before even Steam supported it).
If Revive deals with the Index correctly, any Oculus game built using SDK 1.17 or above (and doing things properly) should handle it fine without needing reprojection to fix it.
Although I've never run Revive and Valve still refuse to sell the Index to Australia, so this is just theory on my part. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pyroth309
Visionary
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5523-WTGC-1875

They threw up a fitting guide lol. I guess things are getting close. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm... 😉

laqgglrwehtn.png

Not really a problem with Touch, I just let them hang in the wrist straps... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
https://www.facebook.com/HTCVIVE/videos/1008770455993520/?t=377
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

kojack
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:

Quest: 4 cameras
Rift-S: 5 cameras
Cosmos: 6 cameras

Not too far away:
z441nufsnd1e.jpg

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@kojack wonder what the FOV is on that mate ? Gets my money !!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

pyroth309
Visionary

kojack said:

kevinw729 said:

Quest: 4 cameras
Rift-S: 5 cameras
Cosmos: 6 cameras

Not too far away:
z441nufsnd1e.jpg

But it still has the same problem of behind the back occlusion!

On another note....

Many people have gotten shipped notifications. Sadly I am not one of them yet. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/c3bwgv/shipped/

If it would have shipped today I'd have it Tuesday according to Fedex, instead looks like I'll get it Wednesday if it ships between now and Monday. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

But it still has the same problem of behind the back occlusion!

Yep, it would still have inferior tracking to my 3 sensor constellation setup. 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

pyroth309 said:

Whoaa. I asked the question awhile back when I saw that it was listed as Index supported game if it was still alive... Guess I got my answer. It's still one of my favorite VR games. 

Yes, seems like reviews are amazing on Steam - but it looks like a Quest game  :#   😄 Sorry, I mean it looks like a 144 Hz game!  o:) B)

"Seriously one of the best VR experiences I have had to date. Combat and collision mechanics are fantastic. Love the variation of weapons and feel of the environment. Can't recommend this game enough."

"One of the best hack and slash games available for VR (or really, one of the best VR experiences available, probably). The combat is responsive and intuitive, as is the item pickup and inventory system (unlike many VR games that hide that stuff behind a bunch of clunky menus displayed in world space)."

"One of the original VR greats. If you're a big fan of fantasy adventure games: You will want this game if you have a VR headset, I guarantee."

fjekz6hsc8vc.jpg
t9sefufgya1g.jpg
3hsuzmv8dlb0.jpg
0jqbk53ycbz5.jpg
wnbg85lra6cp.jpg
ydf2hok9tkdf.jpg
t9ycnggcpt4n.jpg
svacpxnpiqkj.jpg

Then again, a 144 Hz game can't be bad... Hmmmm.... 😉 Note that the 3 reviews from Steam were the 3 latest reviews, one from a few days ago, I wasn't cherry-picking great reviews.

Just had an awesome time in Vanishing Realms, even if many textures are low-res the lighting and shadows can be quite impressive. It feels like the whole world is made of magic 😉 The fighting is probably the best I've tried (have I said that before? lol) - had a battle with 3 meter (10 feet) tall skeleton boss today, used my sword and shield, and it really worked. And the opponents avoid your attacks, at least sometimes. The ability to use a pickaxe to mine gems from rocks is great too - I'm probably just in the beginning still, but this game grows on you. I wonder if some people consider it better than Skyrim? At least the sword fighting is awesome, bow maybe not so much.