New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to use Rift S without Touch controllers ?

Hello guys,

I set Guardian and then I disable it in the VR pannel with touch controllers.
Now I want to use my custom VR app without any Touch controller.
But the Oculus app is asking me for a Touch connection after a while and prevents my app from working well.
Is there a way to disable the Touch request in Oculus app ?
I don't want to start every time a Touch before using my app and have to replace battery...
Plus the whole thing (computer included) is working on a mobile simulator and I don't want to fix the Touch on it...

I hope some of you will help me with that.

Regards,

Rémy

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,912 Valuable Player
    Have you got an Xbox One controller? Or any other gamepad? Turning on an Xbox One controller should get rid of the message.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,602 Valuable Player
    Other way around this is to startup your custom app from your Oculus desktop app /library.  Start it up then put on your headset.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• supermutant36supermutant36 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    we are working on something similar. We already tried it with the xbox controller but its working very inconsistent.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    I really do wish even a HOTAS & MOUSE could be used to not require getting TOUCH out for the sims.
  • EuroSpaceCenterEuroSpaceCenter Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your answers.
    The only good solution I have now is to attach on of the Touch to my mobile simulator and turn the controller on by pressing a button before I use my app.
    Maybe a future update will solve this.
    I you find something interesting, please let me know.