cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime after 1.38 Update

MrSheppard
Protege
My Rift S functioned fine until last night where the 1.38 Update was downloaded.
Today, i only get "Can’t Reach Oculus Runtime" message with the suggestion to restart my PC or try repairing the installation. 
So i went and tried the repairing process. After it was done, the headset worked again.
The next day, the Oculus software automatically started the 1.38 update.
After this update the same message mentioned above showed up again.

I suspect this update broke the RuntimeVR service which can not start anymore.
I hope i can get some help.
72 REPLIES 72

Mezqa
Honored Guest

DST219 said:

I fixed the problem by changing the user name in Windows, because it includes a non-English letter (stéphane by stephane for me).

Windows key + R
type "netplwiz" and OK
Click on the account to change then properties
and you change the name.
restart the pc

Fantastic!! This solved the problem. Thank you very much DST219!!

Wyyro
Honored Guest
OMG it works for me too. Just the name account with non english char blocked it. Incredible. Thank you !

Accuforce
Honored Guest
Iv installed it today and all is fine now no problems 

pcfarrar
Protege
Oculus have released a new software version now which has fixed the bug. 

V12-StevenX
Protege

pcfarrar said:

Oculus have released a new software version now which has fixed the bug. 

Confirm. Another question....In your opinion The white static flash when will be resolved? There is a work around for this?

CMDR-Korssi
Explorer
new version solved only installation lockup for me. still orange led on headset. no image. CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fix is reseating cable, new cable, or fresh OS.

Belorfir
Honored Guest
Any update? Still I have this problem. Need help

V12-StevenX
Protege
I’ve read that is a known issue and oculus team is working to fix in a next update software/firmware. Replace cable or headset not resolve the problem. There is a discussion dedicated in this forum. I think is right to continue discuss in this link...
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/76168/white-static-flashes-in-rift-s#latest

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've gone through everything in this thread ;A; downloaded, replaced things repaired used patches clicked on anything and everything I can find. Been searching this forum for 2 days while waiting for an answer from anyone so I can finally try my new setup...