cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.38 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
The latest Rift system software v1.38 is beginning to roll out, and we wanted to take a moment to share an update on our development progress. This release contains a number of fixes for issues that some Rift S users reported, most notably a reduction in black screen occurrences and improvements to audio quality. Over the course of the 1.38 PTC, we released 3 additional stability updates to the software. These updates were directly informed by the feedback we received from the community members who opted into the PTC. Thank you so much for all your help, and please continue to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Please note that 1.38 does not resolve all reported Rift S issues as some are still being investigated and debugged, including the white / static flashing issue and sporadic instances of tracking loss. Our team greatly appreciates your patience while we work on these outstanding issues. We will continue to share updates with the community as we have them. Thank you!

Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
258 REPLIES 258

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Looks like Oculus support has a fix for those with update problems;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77593/rift-s-software-updating-issue#latest

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is so funny @TomCgcmfc because once they get it installed they'll only fall into the next issue which waits them. They should be hiring far better and bigger teams. We still have no Strafe ffs 😄

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Well at least Oculus Support has responded and tried to fix something.  Yet, some will still complain, lol!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77593/rift-s-software-updating-issue#latest

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Soulless512
Expert Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

Well at least Oculus Support has responded and tried to fix something.  Yet, some will still complain, lol!

Please tell me how in the actual hell that running repair from the oculus setup executable would fix any of this issue? I will go ahead and answer that one. IT DOESN'T! I can't even play Vader Immortal because the minute I swing the damn lightsaber, my entire display freezes and I CANNOT DO A DAMN THING!

Richooal
Consultant
I'd just like to say that the CV1 now works well. That means you Rift S guys have only about 3 years to get to the same level.
Hang in there 😉
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
I'm not having any issues with the new update on rift s or with my other two CV1's everything is running smoothly.

Soulless512
Expert Protege

Richooal said:

I'd just like to say that the CV1 now works well. That means you Rift S guys have only about 3 years to get to the same level.
Hang in there 😉

Wish i had not sold my CV1 for this

Dr_Hippo404
Honored Guest
Just want to say that despite me laughing when I saw the post today about "just do the repair that I'm sure you all tried first thing" it seems that there must have been a patch alongside that post which meant that doing the repair actually fixed my software install issue. Idk if it will do the trick for everyone, but it did for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That patch need the SETUP>REPAIR FIX to even INSTALL itself which in turn was the fix to completely INSTALL.
Just a shit storm and more popcorn.

Soulless512
Expert Protege
THANK YOU OCULUS FOR THIS BULLSHIT UPDATE AND CONTINUING TO SHIT ON YOUR USER BASE. NOW AFTER THIS UPDATE I CANNOT USE MY HEADSET PERIOD WITHOUT IT COMPLETELY FREEZING AFTER 2 FUCKING MINUTES!!!!! I AM SO TEMPTED TO SELL THIS ONE AND SAY FUCK OCULUS AND VR!