cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Software Updating Issue

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
We know some of our Rift S users were experiencing issues installing/updating the Oculus app on desktop. If you were affected and the Oculus application is installed but not working, we now have a fix available. Follow these steps:
  1. Launch the Oculus Installation Software (OculusSetup.exe) from your computer or download from the Oculus site.
  2. The Oculus installer will indicate that the Oculus application has already been installed. From here, click the Repair option.
  3. Setup will ask for confirmation that you want to repair the installation. Click Repair.
  4. The Oculus Software will begin the installation. Once it has completed, the Oculus application will come up successfully.
Hope this helps and if you’re still running into any trouble, please reach out to our support team here.
Thanks for your patience,
Oculus Support
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
89 REPLIES 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
@mavrik1984 have you had an Update today? They will call all these updates rounded up to 1.38.1 but has gone from 1.38.0.256587 to 1.38.0.261476
NOW THEN...this sucker does not AUTO-UPDATE and so we must use the fix we've all known and tried prior for even this to INSTALL.
(a shit storm and no mention of what it fixes if anything) For they always installed but BLACKSCREEN I think is worse!

ShiroiSakuraVR
Protege
My only problem with the Rift S is that the mic dont work after around 30 minutes and i have to unplug and plug the rift S again that it works...pls fix this! I need the mic for my VR Streams!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

MAC_MAN86 said:

My update 1.38.1 is stuck on PENDING. I suppose this thread is just about that I see.
You gave us no clue as updates have different names to one after installed as they round up numbers!
Also we all get these at different times globally so have no clue which Update what this refers to!

Hi MAC_MAN86!
We do appreciate your feedback and we would very much like to help you. Can you please reach out to our support team? You can do it from here.

All the Best,
Oculus Support
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Soulless512
Expert Protege
Try having oculus home saying you need to update usb drivers when I quite literally just updated my chipset drivers that has all that in it. Oculus you might want to fire your QA team for letting such garbage of patches get released. Sorry, but not sorry, I did not spend $428 on this headset to not be able to use it at all. It was working just fine before this latest patch.

V12-StevenX
Protege
Thanks! Now all working fine!! Except from sporadic white static flashes that we hope you’ll fixing in next update ?

andrew1977au
Explorer
I've got no issues with Rift S, after the update i unplugged the usb and displayport and reconnected, all working fine. I've always disconnected and reconnected any peripherals after an update as a precaution.  I also make sure all my hardware drivers and bios is up to date, but take note of when the drivers were released as using drivers from say msi for your motherboard are likely outdated, do your research and find the most up to date driver for each part of your hardware, this is most important.

Soulless512 - i have sent to a message, im happy to try and help you to get it sorted.

Regards Andrew 
Haswell 4790k@4.5 - MSI Z97 GAMING 5-  32GB GSKILL TRIDENT X 2933 - MSI VEGA 64 WATER 1700/1100 - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 - ACER XR341CK - AX1500I - CUSTOM HARD TUBE WATERCOOLED GPU&CPU - 750D - K70 MK2 - M65PRO : Acer Predator G9-793 : OCULUS RIFT S 

RattyUK
Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

I am still fortunate the RIFT S was sent back...

Then you are in the same boat as me...
What's the point in bleating if you no longer have the hardware, give it a rest, please!
We'll no doubt get the Rift S again in a few months when the issues have been addressed...   stop behaving as if your girlfriend jilted you and enjoy life in the mean-time 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im not bleating but pointing out what this update is a fix for which Oculus don't state. Keep up. I still own CV1 no issues but upon all this driver updates has some issues with colour so will do fresh OS. 

thumbass
Explorer
So...with the new patch it finishes installing...the runtime service is running but once the install is done it checks the status of my oculus app and then fails...I tried to reinstall twice ...I also notice that no appdata/local, appdata/locallow or appdata/Roaming Oculus folders ever get created

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes for me it lost XML associations so I can't alter GraphicsonfigurationOverride to try reset ToeDenominator.