cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.38 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
The latest Rift system software v1.38 is beginning to roll out, and we wanted to take a moment to share an update on our development progress. This release contains a number of fixes for issues that some Rift S users reported, most notably a reduction in black screen occurrences and improvements to audio quality. Over the course of the 1.38 PTC, we released 3 additional stability updates to the software. These updates were directly informed by the feedback we received from the community members who opted into the PTC. Thank you so much for all your help, and please continue to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Please note that 1.38 does not resolve all reported Rift S issues as some are still being investigated and debugged, including the white / static flashing issue and sporadic instances of tracking loss. Our team greatly appreciates your patience while we work on these outstanding issues. We will continue to share updates with the community as we have them. Thank you!

Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
258 REPLIES 258

sraura
Heroic Explorer
well I would sort current issues to following categories based on forum activity since rift s launch;
  • most people: random occasional static flashes.
  • rather many people: black screens, tracking issues, install issues (related to extended ascii characters in win username), white snow
  • some people: crashes back to oculus home, install issues (not related to extended ascii characters in win username), actually broken hardware, incompatible hardware, forumtrollproblemsTM
  • random people: other random problems
This is not based on any stats - just gut feeling.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just got the latest (forced) 1.38.1 update a couple of hours ago.  I've tried a mix of diff Oculus Store, SteamVR and independent games/sims.   All still continues to work perfect with my Rift cv1.  

I hope this latest update is helping others.  I feel very sorry for those Rift users (cv1 and S) suffering any problems that stop them from enjoying great VR experiences.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I confirm my RIFT CV1 is also fine on today's update but required their method of a Setup>Repair to install it as daft as that is because that's what that update addresses.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

I confirm my RIFT CV1 is also fine on today's update but required their method of a Setup>Repair to install it as daft as that is because that's what that update addresses.

I did not need to do this.  It was just automatically updated.  Maybe you had other issues?  Anyway, glad to hear you are back in business mate!  Cheers.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant
Good news! Someone in the dev team is checking stuff. He/she even had a splash screen made to prove it ......................

9sbczgf2fben.jpg

My Rift (CV1) has survived todays "fix".
I am now on Oculus App Version 1.38.0.261476 (1.38.1 according to "What's New") and all is good.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Latest Oculus update running fine on my end with Rift S.

javelina1
Explorer

dburne said:

same here, Rift S working fine. 
Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios, HawgTouch, Ikarus & MFD extracts), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

Yeah..all good, just been trying the Vader Immortal game..brilliant!
 Every Oculus update is a nail biting ordeal tho' 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Yeah..all good, just been trying the Vader Immortal game..brilliant!
 Every Oculus update is a nail biting ordeal tho' 🙂

Lol that is for sure.
Yeah I have just started Vader Immortal, very cool!

ZeroThg
Honored Guest
Hi, my Rift S works only when my graphics card run at PCI express 8x. I have purchase a USB card but i have to put the card in a 8x slot and than runs my graphics card also with 8x speed because of lane sharing. All works great and i can play for hours. When i plug in the rift s in my USB hub i can also play for hours but when i take out the USB card and my graphics card runs at 16x PCI express speed the rift s have black screen every 20min. I hope the Dev's read this and can check this issue.