New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dirt rally 2.0 vr

f1iceman07f1iceman07 Posts: 42
Brain Burst
Any ideas what is actually happening with the vr update, its gotta be close now.
I can not fi d one thing about apart from months ago just realised in the summer.
Someone must no something.

Comments

• RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    I`m waiting for this too.
  • f1iceman07f1iceman07 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    It's annoying not having any idea what's going on it has just gone very quiet and I can mot find any info anywhere.
    The thing is ita not even in the news so I am starting to think it's not actually coming.
    About time we had the update news.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,733 Valuable Player
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,669 Valuable Player
    edited June 23
    People who like sims use VR a lot more now and I think any dev making a sim would be silly not to include VR. Here's looking at you CodeMasters with your F1 racing sim, it's about time you included VR in that too.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Yeah and then there's Star Citizen if that ever makes VR. Even Elite:Dangerous has not fixed their bug of make 75% Tilt Axis to enable typing in the System Name to click and follow it. We even use the great DASH Keyboard to Pin and type in it. Touch can be used but won't toggle anything in the cockpit. So lacking in VR really.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,733 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    People who like sims use VR a lot more now and I think any dev making a sim would be silly not to include VR. Here's looking at you CodeMasters with your F1 racing sim, it's about time you included VR in that too.
    What about Forza Horizons 4? Microsoft has totally ignored VR in terms of software. I'm hoping the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will be different but I doubt it. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • Deh_Deh_ Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    I'm still waiting on this, I hope we get it soon!
  • SaNtOr92SaNtOr92 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Tapez votre commentairehello or good evening all as you wait for the DLC VR to buy rally right 2 I owns its Playstation version of the 1 a marvel in virtual reality vividly the DLC for the 2 proculus proposed this weekend an exceptional offer on drit rally 1 oror platform  oculus we wait for drit rally 2 as a person said above the simulator players switched to VR instead of their small screen so a simulation of VR for total immersion
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 271
    Nexus 6
    Looks like This has been release to the Oculus store today!

Almost 77GB, so its a hefty download for those on a metered connection!
    Be interesting to hear what players think, as no reviews yet.
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • philrleephilrlee Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I bought the Steam version when it was released. That version only appears to support OpenVR. Performance on my system is terrible. I have a 9700K @ 5.2GHz and a 1080Ti. With all graphics options on low, I am not getting anywhere near 80fps on my Rift S. By comparison, iRacing and AC are both locked to 80fps with almost all graphics options on max.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,470 Valuable Player
    philrlee said:
    I bought the Steam version when it was released. That version only appears to support OpenVR. Performance on my system is terrible. I have a 9700K @ 5.2GHz and a 1080Ti. With all graphics options on low, I am not getting anywhere near 80fps on my Rift S. By comparison, iRacing and AC are both locked to 80fps with almost all graphics options on max.
    Thanks - don't think I'll bother with that game, although I like to support the devs. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Tummie555Tummie555 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    philrlee said:
    Anyone able to compare performance with Oculus store version?
    Performance using the Oculus version seems pretty good - this was just published - GTX 1080Ti:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    So now I have to purchase the same game twice.

Supporting VR is such a nice thing  o:)

• saami81saami81 Posts: 157
    Art3mis
    Downloading atm. I was just going to buy this from steam, but luckily i checked these forums and bought from oculus store instead. 
  • Stevie777Stevie777 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Have they lost their minds! 
    Every other hmd gets VR as an update for free with the steam version and we Oculus users have to buy the game again just to get native Oculus support. Well that's a nice way to say FUCK OFF to your loyal customers...
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,149 Volunteer Moderator

I don't like the sound of only having OpenVR support on Steam if the performance isn't great. Maybe I'll hold off on buying until we know whether the DLC will be available from Oculus.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    Stevie777 said:
    Have they lost their minds! 
    Every other hmd gets VR as an update for free with the steam version and we Oculus users have to buy the game again just to get native Oculus support. Well that's a nice way to say FUCK OFF to your loyal customers...
    Dead right mate, That`s why I wont buy it either. Rift S. Their loss.
    Art3mis
    edited August 9
    I have no problem purchasing software but the lack of details is what burns me up Codemaster stated during the steam summer sale VR is coming  but didn't state the  steam version was only for index and vive. Oculus  never stated the store was going to carry the game. So screw you Oculus and Codemaster what sh**.

Also no DLC for the Oculus store version has no crossplay. 
  • gary.antelgary.antel Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I bought the Oculus store version and I have no sound. Others are reporting this on reddit. All other games have sound and the steam version of DR 2 has sound--but with the really awful VR performance.
  • philrleephilrlee Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I bought the Oculus store version and I have no sound. Others are reporting this on reddit. All other games have sound and the steam version of DR 2 has sound--but with the really awful VR performance.
    I resolved this by setting Windows to use the Rift S speakers and explicitly setting Oculus Home to use the Rift S speakers too rather than Windows default. I had to restart the game to get this to work.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,149 Volunteer Moderator

Am I right in saying Steam refund applies for software if played for less than 2 hours, regardless of when it was bought?If so, does that help anyone who's not happy with the Steam version?

I'm very tempted to just try the Steam version and see for myself, refund if performance isn't good enough.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)
  • f1iceman07f1iceman07 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    I don't know what to say, i have the steam version, expecting oculus support for it and now they release it without it, absolutely awful performance in vr, i don't mind buying it again if its a fully focused real VR version on the oculus store, as in its literally got no stuff that's not needed in it for vr but if its just a normal game as it is in steam then its just the same then i guess i will not buy it again, i am happy with dirt rally 2.0 untill steam gets the oculus support. kinda misleading if you ask me in sales as they stated oculus vr was coming but never stated on just oculus home.
    well don't think it did.
    i feel it will come to steam but as oculus prob supported the vr to come they will get a priority time scale to help coup some money back. 
    has anyone got any good steam setting.
    gtx1080ti,32gb ram, i7700k 5ghz and tspc racer setting ! lol
  • superdave132superdave132 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Graphics are PlayStation quality at best, even on the rift, refunded after 5 min. The steam version is HTC only from what I understand  :'(
  • DuanediblyDuanedibly Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    philrlee said:
    I resolved this by setting Windows to use the Rift S speakers and explicitly setting Oculus Home to use the Rift S speakers too rather than Windows default. I had to restart the game to get this to work.
    tried this, didnt work. A lot of people have the no sound bug, maybe half of the people purchasing it.
    Art3mis
    Graphics are PlayStation quality at best, even on the rift, refunded after 5 min. The steam version is HTC only from what I understand  :'(

Wrong the graphics are excellent  much better than Dirt Rally the problem is need a lot of computer power to make it playable.
  • francesco_2013francesco_2013 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
     I can confirm the Oculus version works great and much better than Dirt Rally 1 imho. I have one question I see on Steam there are some DLCs for Dirt Rally 2. This is including Sweden and Monaco and some extra cars. Did anybody see a way to have these to the Oculus Home version ?
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    It seemed to have gtx1070 as recommended gfx card so people with gtx1060 (recommended oculus spec) might not get 10/10 experience.