cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

piou44
Explorer
I have the same problem, I ask for a refund.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah my white flashes seem to have decreased to just very occasional after the last update.

lensmandave
Superstar
I haven't seen a flash all day, maybe they happen when I blink..
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I still got flashes yesterday. Also, my headset went black and sometimes the tracking gets messed up such that if I move my head from side to side the perspective doesn't change. So I have to unplug and sometimes restart my PC. 

I'm tired of having to reach behind my PC to unplug stuff. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

ertert222
Explorer
If you are talking about a flash that looks like a "camera flash" taking a pic, I have it also.
Would be better without it but not really a big problem.

The flashes are very random and even the randomness is random

I mean sometimes it's quite regular at roughly 30 min intervals and sometimes it's gone for a couple hours or more, yesterday I had 2 or 3 flashes at 10 or 15 minute intervals, today only 1 flash in the last 2 hours.

It makes it very hard to pin down whether any particular update helps of not. But personally I think the problem hasn't changed at all and the fix for this hasn't been included in any update yet.

ertert222
Explorer
These VR units are still in their infancy/development stages. Kind of like the first cell phones coming out.
I bet there will be some incredible stuff coming out in the years to come.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The brief white flashes for me are becoming much rarer now.

I thought the same thing last week @dburne !

ntwigbels
Expert Protege

The 1.38.1 update has reduced the white static flashes on my Rift S.

I thinks so too. They are still there sometimes, but less.