cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Anonymous
Not applicable
NOTHING is better than Skyrim...well, at least not until Skywind and Skyblivion are released. They reckon either late this year or early next year for the former and a year after that for the latter.

Will probably have to use VorpX to play them in VR though I would have thought.

When Skywind is eventually released you probably won't see me for a good few months lol

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Delete.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Get your pinkies ready 😉

rspiivrvzdrr.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

RuneSR2 said:

pyroth309 said:

Whoaa. I asked the question awhile back when I saw that it was listed as Index supported game if it was still alive... Guess I got my answer. It's still one of my favorite VR games. 

Yes, seems like reviews are amazing on Steam - but it looks like a Quest game  :#   😄 Sorry, I mean it looks like a 144 Hz game!  o:) B)

"Seriously one of the best VR experiences I have had to date. Combat and collision mechanics are fantastic. Love the variation of weapons and feel of the environment. Can't recommend this game enough."

"One of the best hack and slash games available for VR (or really, one of the best VR experiences available, probably). The combat is responsive and intuitive, as is the item pickup and inventory system (unlike many VR games that hide that stuff behind a bunch of clunky menus displayed in world space)."

"One of the original VR greats. If you're a big fan of fantasy adventure games: You will want this game if you have a VR headset, I guarantee."

fjekz6hsc8vc.jpg
t9sefufgya1g.jpg
3hsuzmv8dlb0.jpg
0jqbk53ycbz5.jpg
wnbg85lra6cp.jpg
ydf2hok9tkdf.jpg
t9ycnggcpt4n.jpg
svacpxnpiqkj.jpg

Then again, a 144 Hz game can't be bad... Hmmmm.... 😉 Note that the 3 reviews from Steam were the 3 latest reviews, one from a few days ago, I wasn't cherry-picking great reviews.

Just had an awesome time in Vanishing Realms, even if many textures are low-res the lighting and shadows can be quite impressive. It feels like the whole world is made of magic 😉 The fighting is probably the best I've tried (have I said that before? lol) - had a battle with 3 meter (10 feet) tall skeleton boss today, used my sword and shield, and it really worked. And the opponents avoid your attacks, at least sometimes. The ability to use a pickaxe to mine gems from rocks is great too - I'm probably just in the beginning still, but this game grows on you. I wonder if some people consider it better than Skyrim? At least the sword fighting is awesome, bow maybe not so much.

Vanishing Realms was a pioneering VR game and showed the first real promise of what can be done with a VR RPG. It's definitely not on par with SkyrimVR, even Vanilla Skyrim just due to the sheer amount of content within Skyrim. Vanishing Realms does have better interactions than SKyrim but it's a game made for VR. Modded Skyrim is probably still the best VR game. You can make it as incredible as your hardware can handle. 

As mentioned, Vanishing Realms is a 1 man project so updates to it have been painstakingly slow and sparse. I'm looking forward to revisiting it as I've not played it in 2 years. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@pyroth309 - So are you getting the Valve index on Wednesday? I hope you get time to give us a review. Mine isn't due until late August and I need to hear lots about this headset before splashing the cash.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:
As mentioned, Vanishing Realms is a 1 man project so updates to it have been painstakingly slow and sparse. I'm looking forward to revisiting it as I've not played it in 2 years. 

My thoughts also being that Vanishing Realms could be some small launch title for Index, due to the NDA and episodes 3 and 4 being released June 28. And I'm starting to think that if the gameplay is awesome that episodes 3 and 4 could be quite impressive. Even if Vanishing Realms is old, recent reviews indicate that it's currently one of the best VR RPGs, but reviewers tend not to compare with Skyrim 😉
Compared to Skyrim, Vanishing Realms may perform perfectly in 144 Hz, could be an entirely new level of RPG immersion. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

@pyroth309 - So are you getting the Valve index on Wednesday? I hope you get time to give us a review. Mine isn't due until late August and I need to hear lots about this headset before splashing the cash.

Still haven't gotten a shipping notification. The people that did get them, most them are showing thursday or Friday Delivery. So I'm thinking Valve sent the farthest ones first so everyone's arrive about the same time. I'm only 2 days away from their factory so we shall see. 

I'll post my thoughts and try to be unbiased but life is busy atm. Can't say when that will be. 

Evileyes
Rising Star
June 23,

Got an email from steam "We're preparing your items to ship" "Your Valve index order is on its way!"

Clicking on the "tracking" link is showing a 6/27 delivery date via FedEx. So this Thursday, a whole new VR is coming my way, and I'm so ready for it! 🙂
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Maybe I suffered some kind of brain hemorrhage, or I just love to support the devs - but today I bought some games on Steam I already bought in the Oculus Store  o:)

gh6ram73jrl0.jpg

In case Revive doesn't revive anything - better safe than sorry.  B) And Seeking Dawn and Psychonauts really deserve a few more pennies  o:)

In case some haven't noticed - the utterly gigantic Steam Summer Sale is on:

https://store.steampowered.com/vr/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant
Such a nice guy 🙂