cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

V12-StevenX
Protege
I've read a work around by Oculus Support and is:

1) Turn on PC
2) Connect usb 3.0
3) After ten seconds connect DP port
4) Start Home Oculus.

This work around is to repeat every time turn On PC? And obviously when Turn Off computer .... unplug all... 
This mode works? The static flashes are resolved or not with this procedure (meantime waiting an official fix)?

Thanks.

piou44
Explorer

I've read a work around by Oculus Support and is:

1) Turn on PC
2) Connect usb 3.0
3) After ten seconds connect DP port
4) Start Home Oculus.

This work around is to repeat every time turn On PC? And obviously when Turn Off computer .... unplug all... 
This mode works? The static flashes are resolved or not with this procedure (meantime waiting an official fix)?

Thanks.

no !!  fake news 

V12-StevenX
Protege
Ok ?

Globespy
Expert Protege
Wow, I was about to purchase the Rift S on a whim as my OG Rift is getting a little tired.
I'm gonna wait until this is completely resolved as this would drive me nuts.

Plus time to see what the Cosmos turns out to be like.

Mnemonic
Protege
Yes, Oculus needs to fix these static flashes, it takes you out of the experience. When you think you are in this virtual world, then all of a sudden - flash. Reminds you that you are looking at the screen.

profanicus
Honored Guest

Mnemonic said:

Yes, Oculus needs to fix these static flashes, it takes you out of the experience. When you think you are in this virtual world, then all of a sudden - flash. Reminds you that you are looking at the screen.

They are working on a fix, it will come in a future update. How far in the future we don't yet know!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't work for me.

Globespy
Expert Protege

snowdog said:

Doesn't work for me.

+1
I'm not buying a product that has technical issues that break the most important function - immersion.
I'm sure many can overlook it, and accept that it's fine that Oculus released a buggy product (the whole launch was rushed), their money, their choice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Globespy said:

snowdog said:

Doesn't work for me.

+1
I'm not buying a product that has technical issues that break the most important function - immersion.
I'm sure many can overlook it, and accept that it's fine that Oculus released a buggy product (the whole launch was rushed), their money, their choice.

That was in reply to @V12-StevenX. I'm happy to wait for Oculus to sort this out. The white flash is distracting, but after experiencing the clarity of the Rift S I can't go back to the blurry Rift.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

snowdog said:

Globespy said:

snowdog said:

Doesn't work for me.

+1

That was in reply to @V12-StevenX. I'm happy to wait for Oculus to sort this out. The white flash is distracting, but after experiencing the clarity of the Rift S I can't go back to the blurry Rift.

Yes I wish the problem was resolved but it same with all the headsets and

+1 no more blurry rift and the original rift, vive, odyssey and even the HP Reverb had it own set of problems at launch.