cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

I've been watching Happy season 2.
America got one episode a week since march, but Australia only got the full season last week. I've only watched the first 8 (of 10) episodes, but for a show called Happy there's not much of Happy in it. He's there, but he's not really doing anything, just off to the side. Which is fine, since Nick is awesome as always.

Sadly syfy cancelled Happy a few days ago, so there won't be a season 3. 😞

With a bit of luck either Netflix or Amazon will pick it up. I keep on meaning to send SyFy a turd in a box due to all of the top quality series they've let go. Plus the new spelling of their channel is beyond stupid. It used to be properly called Sci-Fi a few years ago

kojack
MVP
MVP
Well, they need to make room in the schedule for the hours of infomercials about prostate health, identify theft and air fryers.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Haven't seen a TV-show in German for ages, but this one isn't bad (it's on Netflix) - maybe slightly like Stranger Things - can you see this show in the UK or US?

https://youtu.be/BZ5OCIJVErw

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, it's on both I think. I watched the first series and really liked it. There's quite a lot of good forrin stuff on there.

The French series Spiral was on Netflix a few years ago and was excellent. Can't remember if it was on the US or UK Netflix though. I might have a look at the French Netflix at some point if I can't find it on the US or UK Netflix, I've been meaning to watch the other series for a while.

Top Of The Lake is also excellent, not strictly forrin though cos it's Australian. The second series has just released on Netflix and I'm just rewatching the first series again.

Deep Water is another excellent Aussie series, as well as The Interrogation (can't remember if that's a series or a film now though!).

kojack
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

Haven't seen a TV-show in German for ages, but this one isn't bad (it's on Netflix) - maybe slightly like Stranger Things - can you see this show in the UK or US?

I liked Dark. I haven't watched the second season yet (both are on Netflix Aus).
I liked it better than Stranger Things, which I only got through 1 episode of before it annoyed me.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

RuneSR2 said:

I liked Dark. I haven't watched the second season yet (both are on Netflix Aus).
I liked it better than Stranger Things, which I only got through 1 episode of before it annoyed me.

Have only seen 3 episodes of Dark, but it does feel like Stranger Things for adults, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've almost finished watching Killer Ratings, another great forrin programme. It's a documentary on a guy that was a host on a crime show like Crime Watch back here in the UK.

Don't want to give away anything but it's worth watching.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Tonight I started on Black Spot (Zone Blanche).
It's like a french version of Fortitude. A remote logging town in a radio dead zone (no gps, no phones, etc) has a large number of murders, and strange things are going on.
I think I like Fortitude better, but this one seems pretty good.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It's coming July 4:

https://youtu.be/XcnHOQ-cHa0

- and July 5 is Rogan time, July 11 is Defector - I'm starting to feel stressed  :#  😉  

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't seen the second series yet. I'm behind on A LOT of stuff lately. The third series of Jessica Jones has also released on Netflix and I haven't watched the second series yet. 😮