Cross-buy not working — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cross-buy not working

NameREDNameRED Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited June 24 in Oculus Quest
None of the games I own on Rift have carried over to my new Quest. Games like Ultrawings, robo recall, and job simulator say they support cross buy, but when i go to download them on my quest it brings me to a purchase page. The games were purchased on the same oculus account, and i have proof of purchase 

Comments

• magarzutmagarzut Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    You have to purchase them again, but the price should be "free" instead of their usual price.
    At least that was the case with robo recall, thumper or I expect you to die. 
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,727 Volunteer Moderator
    I can confirm that cross-buy titles I already owned on Rift were free on Quest, and ones I bought on Quest also included the Rift version. These included Robo Recall, I Expect You To Die, Tilt Brush, Thumper, Ultrawings, Shadow Point, Vader Immortal, Virtual Virtual Reality, and Space Pirate Trainer. (Job Simulator is not cross-buy.)

The cross-buy titles don't auto-populate in your library, you have to go to the store with the same Oculus account and claim them, but they should show the price as "Free."
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • donnyjoedonnyjoe Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    edited June 25
    what they said
  • NameREDNameRED Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    yeah they dont appear free, im on the same Oculus account and everything

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,727 Volunteer Moderator
    Do you get the same problem if you look at the Quest store on the phone app?
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • NameREDNameRED Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    Do you get the same problem if you look at the Quest store on the phone app?
    Yes. Both the quest and the Phone app act like i never owned the games. But when i log in to my PC Oculus, all the games appear as normal. 
  • JaimieVandenberghJaimieVandenbergh Posts: 255
    Nexus 6
    Are you sure you're using the same account on Rift and Quest? You haven't split between a email/pass and a facebook account or anything like that?