cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

OversizeWizard
Protege
I have the random static flashes too.

I can deal with it until oculus fix it 

Antares
Honored Guest
I have random static flashes on Latest Windows, Latest Nvidia Drivers, RTX 2070, I7 8700k

mhajii210
Expert Protege
Guys I got a replacement cable from Oculus support and updated to 1.38.1. I played Fallout 4 VR for 1.5 hours and only got 1 super quick static flash. Don't know if it was just luck but that's the best I've ever gotten since launch. Hopefully it'll stay that way but so far it does seem the static flashes have been reduced on the latest update. ?

UPDATE: Forget what I said. I got 4-5 static flashes in the next gaming session. No change with new cable or 1.38.1. ?

hashcheck
Protege
I also am getting them with the Rift S on a Helios 500 GTX1070 8750H 32GB Ram 2x 1Tb 660P NVMEs 

happened multiple times through out a bigscreen session 

CharlieLima
Honored Guest
I have a day 1 Rift S and get the random white static flashes

hashcheck
Protege
this needs to be fixed. Used both DVI & HDMI Connections and getting issue latest Nvidia Drivers

hashcheck
Protege
Getting flashes even in Oculus Home

mhajii210
Expert Protege
Looks like no change on PTC 1.39 to address the static flashes. ?

mashermets
Explorer
When did 1.39 drop last night? Oculus support told me they are working on a firmware update to fix the issue. Was there a firmware with 1.39?

mhajii210
Expert Protege
No firmware update yet. It's just software update for now. Maybe 1.39 firmware update will drop soon???