Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

OversizeWizard
Protege
I just had an update. Wasn't even plugged in.

256550.6810.0 now installed

jab
Rising Star
The entire Oculus firmware update process is just plain weird.. I'd even go so far as to call it amateurish.

You get no notification of any kind that a new firmware is downloading or ready for install or anything like that. And once I suddenly find my self on a new firmware with no choice on the matter. If not for some random post on this site I have no information what so ever about this new firmware. What changes should I look for? Does it fix any of the known issues? Does it have any new features I would want to try out? Right now if and when something changes for better or worse, most users will be caught by surprise since they don't even know they are running a new firmware. And the sad outcome of all this is that Oculus is basically teaching me that I should leave my Quest disconnected from the internet as much as possible, to get predictable behavior while using it. Which is something I can guarantee they don't want you to do being owned by Facebook and all that..

Serpula
Protege
Today I noticed Beat Saber tracking is much worse my right saber loses tracking constantly and ends up at a funny angle...

Looks like a new Quest firmware installed automatically, thanks a lot for that! Please let us choose whether to install an update, this is ridiculous ☹️

Firmware: 256550.6810.0

enigma01
Trustee

Serpula said:

Today I noticed Beat Saber tracking is much worse my right saber loses tracking constantly and ends up at a funny angle...

Same for me, Beat Saber is now virtually unplayable for me. Right Saber just randomly drifts and isn’t anywhere near where I’m actually holding the touch controller. 

Wariat89
Honored Guest

Serpula said:

Looks like a new Quest firmware installed automatically, thanks a lot for that! Please let us choose whether to install an update, this is ridiculous ☹️

Firmware: 256550.6810.0

same here. tracking sucks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yza said:

Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new
update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems
like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap?
Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

Yup, that's my main problem with Quest. Most titles
I've tried have this problem. Stuttery + this "ghost frame". It doesn't
capture when recording on the Quest, so was gonna do it with an external
camera, but was too much hassle, so I instead made some images to
simulate what happens when I move my hands around.

This is my second
Quest, and both have this problem. Made a post on reddit about it with
some more info

Beat
Saber has been smooth in both previous and newer headset, but what
happened now when I tried it on my new one is my controllers sometime
lose tracking (only in BS so far tho). Didn't happen a single time
before. I read a patch had recently come that might cause this, either
game patch or Oculus Quest patch, so it would probably still be tracking
perfectly like before, if I ran it on the same patches I did on my
previous headset.

The TL;DR of the post in the link is:

"TL;DR - Quest had stuttering and stuff, got a replacement, it also had
the stuttering. Will wait 1 more month for a fix. If not fix by then, I
return it to get my money back.
This is what the problem looks like when moving my hands."

jason.yee2
Explorer
re: 256550.6810.0
my right controller (and sometimes left) keeps losing tracking as mentioned above. It is like it goes into Oculus GO controller mode where the controller is not visible, but still connected. The oculus sees it as in a fixed position, but you can rotate around this fixed position and still interact. You have to push the sleep button and then when you wake it up, the controller is back. This never happened to me until this update. Yeah, you can't play beat saber as it can happen mid level! All I can do now is play things like Tilt Brush and Big Screen VR where losing my controller is less frustrating.

How do we downgrade?

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
There are a lot of variables when it comes to things like tracking, so if you are experiencing issues after receiving the latest update (or really any time), please contact Oculus customer support. This will allow them to investigate your particular situation more thoroughly. Thank you!

fluffybuunnnnss
Honored Guest
For the love of God can we please get a steam app, it would make so many people happy and the quest popularity would pick up simply because people who do and dont own a quest love steam vr and would kill to play steam vr on quest, right now we have to do a bunch of imports that barely function of you want to play a game! Even then it still limits the steam VR games you can play

motorsep
Rising Star

For the love of God can we please get a steam app, it would make so many people happy and the quest popularity would pick up simply because people who do and dont own a quest love steam vr and would kill to play steam vr on quest, right now we have to do a bunch of imports that barely function of you want to play a game! Even then it still limits the steam VR games you can play

I don't like Steam VR.. I like Oculus VR.