cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't release the CV2 until 2022. They won't be releasing another PC VR headset next year or anything.

parsecn
Heroic Explorer

snowdog said:

They won't release the CV2 until 2022. They won't be releasing another PC VR headset next year or anything.

I wish Oculus would officially announce this or shed light on their road-map. I'm of the opinion that CV2 is canceled indefinitely.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

parsecn said:

snowdog said:

I wish Oculus would officially announce this or shed light on their road-map. I'm of the opinion that CV2 is canceled indefinitely.

I'm not sure want to think anymore when it comes to what Oculus has planned. The talk of half dome display's and stuff seems like a distant memory now. Looks like I'm going to have to get a valve index now that HP Reverb seems to have ran into problems atm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

parsecn said:

snowdog said:

We'll have an update on the Half Dome prototype at OC6 this year I think, plus Abrash may give a clue as to where they're headed in terms of a timescale.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:
We'll have an update on the Half Dome prototype at OC6 this year I think, plus Abrash may give a clue as to where they're headed in terms of a timescale.

I sure hope so. Consumers need more Half Dome news considering how Rift-S is performing on the global market.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Launch party speech:

https://youtu.be/qULj5aDAPv8

Wireless coming up later according to Newell. And Vertigo 2 reveal trailer:

https://youtu.be/pQtSWyKWdd0

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:
Maybe using Index without activating several layers of (Oculus) drivers and software will provide better SteamVR experiences than using Rift in SteamVR, but no-one seems to be investigating such details... 

I'd do it but I don't have a SteamVR headset with the same resolution as the Rift so any comparisons would be apples to oranges. Would have to be someone with both an OG Vive and a CV1 running the same game on both stores on the same machine so that's going to be a very small number of people.

I'd be curious myself how much the performance difference is as well as some hard numbers on the difference between ASW and Motion Smoothing. I've only used a WMR headset which has an extra layer to go through and has its own ASW equivalent. It will be interesting to see how the Index performs for me compared to my Odyssey especially with all of the updates Valve has been doing to SteamVR. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

Launch party speech:

Wireless coming up later according to Newell.
What is it with VR people and sandals? Wear some damn shoes Gabe and Palmer!

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pyroth309
Visionary

kojack said:

RuneSR2 said:

Launch party speech:

What is it with VR people and sandals? Wear some damn shoes Gabe and Palmer!

I literally said the same thing. I don't want to look at some dude's nasty feet!

Glad you caught that, I watched this Video earlier on my phone and missed that statement. I was 99% sure it was coming based on previous statements from Gabe but glad to hear it reconfirmed. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Vertigo 2 does not support the Rifts, playable demo July 16, final game 2020. Looks quite awesome - I don't think this is one of the 3 Valve games though:

twidkhs2wfpj.jpg
guvutsdqe5fl.jpg
jqprtpi8dn1k.jpg
1xdl9my18uqx.jpg
ud4q6q6pjwte.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"