cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Still waiting for Vanishing Realms, but I guess they're still sleeping in Los Angeles the next 9 hours or so 😉

https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=322770

Vanishing Realms is on sale too, maybe a nice game to get - it's fully optimized for the Rift and Touch. And it's solid 90 fps using super sampling 2.0 on a GTX 1080 or better (maybe GTX 1070 too). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

Vertigo 2 does not support the Rifts, playable demo July 16, final game 2020. Looks quite awesome - I don't think this is one of the 3 Valve games though:

Doubtful. Their 3 games will have their name on it. They've been working on them since 2016 after all. This does look pretty cool though. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Aperture Hand Lab and Vertigo 2 do not support Rifts, but they do support Vive, maybe that's the start of a trend, but I think Gabe said that the 3 Valve games would work on the Rifts too...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

Aperture Hand Lab and Vertigo 2 do not support Rifts, but they do support Vive, maybe that's the start of a trend, but I think Gabe said that the 3 Valve games would work on the Rifts too...

Did they developer for Vertigo 2 state no support for Rift? A lot of times it gets added later and there might be an oculus Home version in the works. Seems to be pretty early in the project since it has a release of 2020. Hand labs is a Valve demo so that one wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get added. They did add The Lab though. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:

RuneSR2 said:

Did they developer for Vertigo 2 state no support for Rift? A lot of times it gets added later and there might be an oculus Home version in the works. Seems to be pretty early in the project since it has a release of 2020. Hand labs is a Valve demo so that one wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get added. They did add The Lab though. 

Vertigo 2 is apparently made by a (previous?) Valve employee. It says here that Index, Vive and WMR HMDs are supported, so it's strange that there're no Rifts:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/843390/Vertigo_2/

Of course you could be right and Rifts might be added later. Apparantly Vertigo 2 has been "built by the ground up for Index". More here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/c6bqeq/im_excited_to_officially_reveal_vertigo_2_my_gam...

Wildt
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Aperture Hand Lab and Vertigo 2 do not support Rifts

Hand Lab does.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

RuneSR2 said:

Aperture Hand Lab and Vertigo 2 do not support Rifts

Hand Lab does.

But not officially according to the SteamVR website - but I know the devs explained how you could get it working using Touch (Reddit Oculus post yesterday). 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/868020/Aperture_Hand_Lab/

Wildt
Consultant
Just saw that Vertigo trailer.. I know I'm a picky old fart, but visually it was disappointing to me.
Stuff like that stone/lava monster simply z-buffer clipping into the ground. It's 2019 for crying out loud, and this is supposed to wow people?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

Just saw that Vertigo trailer.. I know I'm a picky old fart, but visually it was disappointing to me.
Stuff like that stone/lava monster simply z-buffer clipping into the ground. It's 2019 for crying out loud, and this is supposed to wow people?

Yea I saw that too. Gave me some World of Warcraft flashbacks lol. I never played Vertigo 1 but I've seen it hyped. Anyone here play it? 

pyroth309
Visionary
The Vertigo Dev answered the question here - 

I'm actually a solo developer, with a couple friends who do art and concept work. It sounds cool, but it becomes less cool when you learn how many hours of my life I've dumped into this thing ?

Fully compatible with vive, rift, and WMR through the new SteamVR input system!