cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

mashermets
Explorer
I hope so I'm finding it more annoying now it's been out a little while now, I've been through all the support steps was getting better, in till the last step which was reinstalling the oculus software, which almost bricked the device:( had to do it twice and it's back to how it was ( static white flashes ) but it forgets my guardian setup nearly every time I start it up now. I'm starting to feel like a hardware beta tester that pays them to work lol. Fingers crossed 1.39 improves a lot of rift s out here :neutral:

Anonymous
Not applicable
1.39 states that it upgraded firmware to address display issues, which I assume was directed towards this issue. But... I'm still having the problem after updating. I'm beginning to regret my purchase.

mashermets
Explorer
I think my rift was on firmware 1.71 so I'll have a look after work. Last update on ptc (1.38.1) didn't say what it did. Not very much on mine 😞 starting to notice more you tube rift s problems videos! Not good advertising Oculus!!! 

mhajii210
Expert Protege

I think my rift was on firmware 1.71 so I'll have a look after work. Last update on ptc (1.38.1) didn't say what it did. Not very much on mine 😞 starting to notice more you tube rift s problems videos! Not good advertising Oculus!!! 

You're correct firmware is still 1.71 so this is a software update only. 

hashcheck
Protege
yup only software mine still does it.. needs firmware update??

hairyface71
Explorer
Oh dear....installation stopped(stuck)....whatever....

Lost my motivation...i just don't have time in this moment for all this updating and testing if it's flashing/working or not ..... propably no vr for me until this is fixed so leaving my rift s to get some rest now and waiting better days.....have fun.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1.39 states that it upgraded firmware to address display issues, which I assume was directed towards this issue. But... I'm still having the problem after updating. I'm beginning to regret my purchase.

I do not see that stated in the 1.39 PTC update notes anywhere.

mashermets
Explorer
Where can you read update notes on PTC undated? I get nothing in the app 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can you read update notes on PTC undated? I get nothing in the app 

Very first post in the 1.39 PTC thread:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77858/rift-s-and-rift-1-39-ptc-release-notes#latest

hashcheck
Protege
Oculus i just spent AUS $649 if no fix soon will be returned. i never had issues with cv1
My PSVR doesn't have the best tracking but works always