cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Be careful using ginger!

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
I just discovered (the hard way) the very painful possible side-effect of ginger. :oops:

My doctor just said I have gallstones, and a gallstone probably got stuck in the tube leading from the gall bladder, which is why I had terrible abdominal pains for three weeks. (The pain is gone now, but I still have gall-stones).

Ginger is considered very suspect because it increases bile production. It's not unanimous that ginger is bad for gallstones, there is a minority that says it might be good for them, but it is definitely interferes with normal gallbladder operation in some way.

Remember, just because a drug is "natural", doesn't mean it doesn't have serious side effects, and doesn't mean it's not still a drug. Things that have an effect, usually have side-effects too.

BTW, my doctor had heard of the Oculus Rift and its kickstarter development kit. He keeps asking me about it. 🙂
38 REPLIES 38

Skelator
Honored Guest
Mmmmmm Ginger Flavoured Gallstones my favorite nice and crunchy, a delicacy on eternia. >;{}
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

saviornt
Protege
"kevinw729" wrote:
Remember this simple rule "Do not over medicate to alleviate!"

This is a very un-american statement sir.. are you a communist?

This is actually only half-joking, the modern day thinking is to take medication for everything.. have side effects from some medication, take this to alleviate those symptoms ad-nauseum. Sure, some medication in certain situations is fine, but FFS, we're taking way too much these days, hence why all of these so-called "super-bugs" are becoming common.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
"saviornt" wrote:

This is actually only half-joking, the modern day thinking is to take medication for everything.. have side effects from some medication, take this to alleviate those symptoms ad-nauseum. Sure, some medication in certain situations is fine, but FFS, we're taking way too much these days, hence why all of these so-called "super-bugs" are becoming common.

A pleasure to communicate @saviornt - I await my transport and its nice to converse over the forum with a "human"!

As you are well aware about the anti-biotic problem that the race is experiencing, the over indulgence of narcotic usage is a problem. A factor why I am such a wet blanket over meds for just sim-sickness. Just because it makes you ill does not mean it can be cured!

Look guys - sim-sickness needs the same approach that adverse motion differentiation needed in the '60's (unless you have stock in FB) !
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Skelator
Honored Guest

Communists medicate with Vodka. Vashe zrodovye >;{}
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
"Skelator" wrote:

In Russia, medicine medicates you!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

nightbane30
Honored Guest
Uh...what did this have to do with the Rift, again? 😄
Ordered: December 26, 2014 Ready: December 29, 2014 Processed:December 29, 2014 SHIPPED:December 31, 2014 ARRIVED: January 6, 2015

Thoemse
Protege
"melat3mg" wrote:
Candied ginger ain't so bad. And beer. I like beer...mmmm

A friend of mine offered my thai ginger candy a few weeks ago.

Took me ages to get absolutely dusgusting taste out of my mouth! :shock:

Skelator
Honored Guest
"kevinw729" wrote:
"Skelator" wrote:

In Russia, medicine medicates you!

Водка без пива - деньги на ветер

StBarbeBaker
Honored Guest
Using ginger as a compress is a good idea to dissolve those gall stones  

MikeF
Trustee
well worth the 4 year old resurrection