cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games and Apps Keep Crashing On The Quest

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer
Hey, 

I am unable to play games or apps for not that long at all before they crash and return me back to the main menu. Sometimes the game will start to slow down and lag before it quits and other times, it's instant. It seems to be gradually getting worse too, at first i was able to play for around 30 - 45 mins, but now it doe's it at around the 15 min mark and sometimes sooner. 

What could this be? Is anyone else having this issue since the latest update? or is this more likely a hardware issue?

Thanks
66 REPLIES 66

Askjerry
Protege
Well this is alarming... I've never spent much on video games... and I'm getting ready to drop $500 on the Quest (128GB)... but not if it is going to randomly freeze up. Is this a wide-spread issue... or possibly limited to a single production batch??

LennyTheChicken
Honored Guest
My quest also keeps crashing after like 20 minutes in like every app possible. Not funny Oculus

kalsolar
Honored Guest
I've  started having the same issues, especially with Superhot and REC Room but it's all happed since the recent update. So it's either that or heat related in my view. Very frustrating. 

Drkzvosky
Honored Guest
Came here to see if others are having this issue as well.  Looks like it is happening to many people.  Same as everyone, cool rooms, warm rooms, short play, longer play, seems to be random.  Sometimes it happens a series of times in the beginning of a session and I power through consistently restarting the game/app and then it goes away.  Sometimes not.

weaklink33
Honored Guest
Happening here too. First hour with the quest...keeps crashing back to home. Not the immersive VR experience I was hoping for....

chrislackey
Honored Guest
Same issue for me. 

Play for an hour or two, then suddenly get loading screen with 3 dots. Can hear game continuing in the background for a while, then nothing but the 3 dots. 

Extremely frustrating, as I’ve dumped at least $150 into games so far. 

This is ridiculous. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Sometimes for me as well. Also Racket Fury refuses to quit!!!

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, lots of crashes in various games including RecRoom and Pokerstars, but most common in RecRoom.

Also what is going on with the home page not working on Oculus?

Both my Gear AND my Quest show the same message "Oops something went wrong etc...."

I'm beginning to think we have all been conned with devices that are NOT FIT FOR THE JOB and we should be considering compensation. A £500 piece of equipment that is full of issues?
Also a VERY limited list of available games to play ... I bought my Quest because I wanted Slightly Heroes on a 6dof device ... They still haven't released the game after MANY requests for it.

SofiaQyvalar
Honored Guest
Hi, this has only started happening to me too. First on VR chat, now on OrbusVR too. It looks like the game loses tracking for a second or two (which is SUPER disorienting btw), and then straight up goes back to oculus home, no crash report, no warning, nothing. Just straight up closes the game

hypnagogic
Honored Guest
Seems to be happening to many of us. I could be playing Poker in a stationary zone and it starts bugging out to the point where it kicks me back out into Oculus home or I need to hard reboot, this also happens in other games, not limited to stationary games.