cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLVED) can't install the Oculus software, please bloody help me!

monjue
Explorer
OK,
So after finally downloading the Oculus software, it gets to the end and wont install and i get this attached error message. I've tried like 5 times now and still nothing. Its frustrating as i have to re download the software each time. I've also tried installing to a different drive and still nothing works. I've been in touch with online chat support, but the guy didn't know what to do to help me? he said "try to re install it again in a couple of days time and see if that works?" I was like wha??
So here i am reaching out to you guys! 
Has anyone had this problem and managed to resolve it? I mean how hard can this be? its just downloading and installing software right?

Thank all!

kcf1k0560x7y.jpg
63 REPLIES 63

Jennyhsg
Explorer
Same freakin error nothing is working....It wont install did everything!

Jennyhsg
Explorer
All these post are from last year! Anybody having the error this year??

aesop_flop
Honored Guest

Jennyhsg said:

All these post are from last year! Anybody having the error this year??

I'm having the problem as of today with the Rift S.  Since the latest update, the app crashes every 10 min or so.  Afte the 5th or 6th crash, the headset went black and doesn't work at all.  Trying to reinstall the app, but getting the error.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Check that you have plenty of free space on drive C and that no windows updates are pending.

aesop_flop
Honored Guest

sraura said:

Check that you have plenty of free space on drive C and that no windows updates are pending.

Thanks.  Looks like it was the Win10 AV causing the problem.  Install went fine with antivirus disabled.

vipermcloud89
Explorer
none of these suggestions work. reformating oc right now. gunna return it if i cant instalk the software after. 

Opptatt
Honored Guest
Hi, same problem as the thread starter. All of the sudden the app fucked up, and the rest is history.

ShiftyyShadow
Honored Guest
Did any of you guys have the app before? 

Monsupio
Honored Guest
ahh same problem! tried the AV stuff still have the error. only 1 month old. going to geek squad, if they can't fix it i want a new rift or a refund also Not solved!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, this is more of a community help forum than the Oculus direct. Please contact them at https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new if you are having problems with your install/app as they will be able to get more logs and see higher level issues that could be going on in the background. Please keep in mind - it's not that wide spread of an issue other wise we would be getting lots of comments per day with a multi page bomb going off. This means its an issue with the environment of your computer either it being a driver, incompatible hardware or hardware related issues, software such as AV/OS/Updates/other background services/etc or simply something not plug in right.