Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

Anonymous
Not applicable
@beyyy18 Because we want to play pcvr via steam to the quest. Ggodin did just that through vr desktop but steamvr is laggy. If a direct way was possible then it might remove the lag.

peterguns23
Honored Guest
I have 256550.6170.5 is this the latest version???? Thanks 

enigma01
Trustee

I have 256550.6170.5 is this the latest version???? Thanks 

No its 256550.6810.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same issue. My right controller tracking has gotten worse in Beat Saber. Oculus really needs to fix this ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yza said:

Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

The same problem. I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now. Ghosting now.
A new quickly update, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

oculussix said:

Yza said:

Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

The same problem. I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now. Ghosting now.

Yup, noticed this immediately when I first used my Quest. Most titles I've tried have this visual problem, and it's game-breaking to me. Even got my first Quest replaced, but the second one had the same problem. Read my comment above for more info:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ironclaw said:

oculussix said:

Yza said:

Yup, noticed this immediately when I first used my Quest. Most titles I've tried have this visual problem, and it's game-breaking to me. Even got my first Quest replaced, but the second one had the same problem. Read my comment above for more info:

I did not notice the first time in the windows of the main room.
Now, that must be the update, I would have noticed before.
In high contrast when moving the head fast you can see the effect.

Firmware: 256550.6810.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just played with mine today for the first time in about a week, and I did an hour straight in Beat Saber...not an issue whatsoever. I even played 2 levels in Robo Recall without issue. I checked to make sure I was updated, coming to this thread to make sure, and yep...my phone says my Quest is at 256550.6810.0. As for visuals, I haven't noticed any difference, but then I also wear glasses, and get reflections on my own lenses from the screens...like being able to see the Oculus logo at the bottom of my lenses. I need to order the prescription inserts.

Also, on a side note...either they changed maps in Beat Saber, or the version for the Quest is completely different...some of the songs weren't this damn hard before...lol. 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

oculussix said:

Ironclaw said:

oculussix said:

Yza said:

I did not notice the first time in the windows of the main room.
Now, that must be the update, I would have noticed before.
In high contrast when moving the head fast you can see the effect.

Firmware: 256550.6810.0

The problem I have has nothing to do with contrast or certain scenes (maybe you mean godrays?), and my problem is only visible when moving the hands/controllers, not the headset. The environments in VR are always perfect, it's just the hands and whatever they are holding that is glitchy.

pistoman61
Honored Guest

RCHeliz said:

Mivico said:

Hi, I have checked on the settings on my Quest, it is the New OS version. I got no update messages or popups. It did it alone in background ?

But now the Home looks more blurry, and also 360 youtube videos even on 4k, it is very blurry (youtube from Brosser or from youtube VR app) but also with less antialiasing, what happened ?
Could WE know exactly what is the changelog did ???

Thank you !

Are you sure about the blurryness? Can someone else confirm this?

los videos 360 o youtubevr se ven mal borroso y poco definido , no los pongo de lo mal que se ven