cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rift stays black after update today :(

VRSnoopy
Honored Guest
Hello!

Oculus software got updated today, including a driver update, and now my Rift stays black! ::cold_sweat: 

I already updated the grafic card driver and repaired the Oculus software...but still black!

Anyone got the same problem and help?

Thank you
27 REPLIES 27

VRSnoopy
Honored Guest
I just can´t believe what solved my problem!
I had an "ö" in my windows user name and after reading a tip in the "Rift 1.38 Release" thread here I just changed that to "oe" (restarted PC maybe, don´t know for sure) ....and suddenly the screens on my Rift went on again.
Hadn´t tested much since then but saw no obvious problem thereafter...

Hoernle
Explorer
@KingPinAut I also had an ö in my Username but changing it didnt help. Did you also rename your userfolder in the registry?

@Grays I have to give that a try

In general, how do you guys know which oculus software version you have? Are you looking at the version file in the drivers folder? This says 1.37 for me. I dont know how to update to 1.38. Running the driver Update exe doesnt Help.

yoman44
Honored Guest
i had the same problem 
tried evrything , reinstalling oculus , changing usb , running setup
finally did windows update rollback and the screen lit , but only to give an error saying "oculus dash encountered a fatal error"

please help !

blackfoxcz
Honored Guest
Well, same problem here, after updating to the latest driver Oculus Rift stays black...

Hoernle
Explorer
@yoman_321 if you reinstall the oculus software now the screen will be black again ;-), I have been there!

kprnks
Explorer
The same black nothing from my side, no display in VR but display ok on monitor when I wearing vr. Any idea to correct it? I went throuh every repair process and reinstall rift softver but is still inot working...

kprnks
Explorer
I even changed my video card back to the older one but still the same issue, black nothing in vr....I opened a ticket and now I'm waiting for something 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee

Hoernle said:

@KingPinAut I also had an ö in my Username but changing it didnt help. Did you also rename your userfolder in the registry?

@Grays I have to give that a try

In general, how do you guys know which oculus software version you have? Are you looking at the version file in the drivers folder? This says 1.37 for me. I dont know how to update to 1.38. Running the driver Update exe doesnt Help.

From the Oculus desktop app:

Settings: Beta: Enable PTC
This will download the latest PTC version and update firmware as required.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Glarcan
Honored Guest
bom dia a todos.
ao abrir o meu rift s ontem a mão direita não estava respondendo ao movimento, então deslliguei o oculus fechando o aplicativo. ao reiniciar, não tava mais aparecendo imagem. troquei a bateria dos controles, reinstalei o aplicativo, atualizei o windowns, a placa de video, o oculus, fiz um monte de coisas, mas nada resolveu. A luz branca liga, o som funciona, mas nada de imagem. Que tristeza.

good morning everyone.
when opening my rift s yesterday the right hand was not responding to the movement, so I unlocked the oculus by closing the application. when restarting, was no longer appearing image. I changed the battery of the controls, reinstalled the application, updated the windowns, the video card, the oculus, did a lot of things, but nothing solved. White light turns on, sound works, but no picture. What a sadness.

Glarcan
Honored Guest