cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - USB (Update Drivers) fun...

RattyUK
Trustee
Everything working fine after installation and several hours playing various games last night.
Switch on PC this morning and Rift S is fine, a couple of hours later it is bleating about USB drivers - the very same that were fine earlier...

sf88xyabqyjg.jpg

What is it with Oculus and USB?  The rift was very fussy but improved over time, but at least was fairly predicatable.  now their newest generation appears to be equally unpredicatable.
Only bleating as the S wouldn't startup (black screen but sound) until a reboot then comes up with this lettle gem - frustrating, Oculus, frustrating!

ETA: Forgot to mention - there are no newer USB drivers - everything is completely up-to-date 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3
38 REPLIES 38

BobbyB1gPlays
Honored Guest
I had this same issue aswell please respond somebody

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I've had the CV1 for 2 years, never had any USB problems - just for the record 😉

I'm starting to think that much may depend on the mainboard - mine is from MSI and officially certified for VR (but it didn't directly say Oculus - but back then Oculus and HTC were the only PCVR providers). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

JohnnyMac63
Explorer
I think it's just Oculus.Doesnt seem to matter Intel,amd,both get warnings.did a fresh install of windows and Oculus and still have the issue... everything seems to work ok..will ignore it at this point as it doesn't seem to cause issues.i did create a ticket and they told me to clear out all old data..and did so with the fresh install..to no avail..

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I have a Rift CV1 and no USB problems till I added a 3rd sensor  drove me crazy I solved the problem by adding Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion card.

Also I stopped using extension cables for USB and HDMI.

Rosgillies
Adventurer

RattyUK said:

Everything working fine after installation and several hours playing various games last night.
Switch on PC this morning and Rift S is fine, a couple of hours later it is bleating about USB drivers - the very same that were fine earlier...

sf88xyabqyjg.jpg

What is it with Oculus and USB?  The rift was very fussy but improved over time, but at least was fairly predicatable.  now their newest generation appears to be equally unpredicatable.
Only bleating as the S wouldn't startup (black screen but sound) until a reboot then comes up with this lettle gem - frustrating, Oculus, frustrating!

ETA: Forgot to mention - there are no newer USB drivers - everything is completely up-to-date 🙂

Yep, same problem for me, although everything is working. Puzzling. 

donnyjoe
Protege
Have yet to see this, myself.

GamingTC2
Protege
I have the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine says the same thing. It actually says if you're having tracking problems, you may need to update your USB drivers. So if tracking is working fine, I guess we just need to ignore the warning.
My USB drivers are up to date too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have same problem
My alienware 15r4 all USB port supply USB 3.1

But my rift s only can run USB 3.0