cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep on getting "Critical Error your right touch battery is low"

lsmanley
Honored Guest
Something weird going on here. I have a brand new Rift S. When I start a game I get a "Critical Error your right touch battery is low" which means I can't play my games. Now, when I go to devices, it shows a left and right touch controller both with full battery but also shows 5 (!!) right touch controllers. These all have serial numbers like ��_ ( and I cannot remove them. One of them has a constand 'battery low' messge and this is causing the problem. It's infurating!
40 REPLIES 40

thumbass
Explorer
I'm having the same issue...keeps saying my right controller is low...I changed the battery 3 times int eh span of 2 minutes and nothing changed.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

Pailloran said:

Yobiwan29 said:

A clean install (I mean Windows 10 !) didn't solve the issue here. It was fine a couple of days and then the ghost right touch controllers appeared again. Maybe it occurs when the USB cable is disconnected and reconnected, I don't know... Now I've got this virtual battery critical error everytime I put the Rift S on my head. Have to deal with it for now.

Do you find that it causes you to crash out of games? I could deal with having to clear an error on startup, but it constantly dumps me out of games.

I only have this error message when i put my headset on. No game crash here.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

thumbass said:

I'm having the same issue...keeps saying my right controller is low...I changed the battery 3 times int eh span of 2 minutes and nothing changed.

If you go to Devices section you will find that it's the fake right touch controller fault. Its "ghost" battery is virtually low 😛
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Pailloran
Honored Guest
This fixed the phantom right controller issue: 

We appreciate the additional information, including the fact that older files and configuration is remaining which could be the cause.

In order to ensure the files are removed please use the instructions here on Microsoft's support site to enable the viewing of hidden files and folders.

Once this has been done, we request that you do the following:

Please note that this removes any currently eligible games from having automated refunds processed. You can look into requesting refunds, and what's accepted for such by clicking here.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • These may be hidden folders that require viewing to be enabled.
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache\
    • C:\Users<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup\
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.
    • Ensure that Oculus is set as a trusted program in your firewall and that your anti-virus is temporarily disabled or uninstalled.

shivakanou
Honored Guest

Pailloran said:

This fixed the phantom right controller issue: 

We appreciate the additional information, including the fact that older files and configuration is remaining which could be the cause.

In order to ensure the files are removed please use the instructions here on Microsoft's support site to enable the viewing of hidden files and folders.

Once this has been done, we request that you do the following:

Please note that this removes any currently eligible games from having automated refunds processed. You can look into requesting refunds, and what's accepted for such by clicking here.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • These may be hidden folders that require viewing to be enabled.
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache\
    • C:\Users<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup\
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.
    • Ensure that Oculus is set as a trusted program in your firewall and that your anti-virus is temporarily disabled or uninstalled.

I already tried this and didn't work.

Fuze_Emerald
Honored Guest
When I play FPS games, my right touch controller dies immediately. I have two right controllers, but I soon as I start the game they die. Has anyone found a solution yet?   

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is really annoying. For me, it doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally. Sometimes as soon as I start up the oculus app and sometimes it just never pops up. I really hope Oculus find a fix to this, as it's hindering my ability to play Minecraft. I need those diamonds.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
This has been "fixed" using a tool written by one of the community members, (@kojack)

See his post here on what to do:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/78200/oculus-phantom-touch-remover-fix-those-multip...

Hope it helps
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been "fixed" using a tool written by one of the community members, (@kojack)

See his post here on what to do:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/78200/oculus-phantom-touch-remover-fix-those-multip...

Hope it helps

Thanks so much! This didn't fully fix it because I still have to close Oculus and run it whenever I'm switching games but it means I can play now! Thanks dude!

Svupp
Honored Guest
Okay guys, I contatacted oculus support and linked this article plus some extra screenshots of the problem. And they replied back with a solution that I thought i could share with those who still have this problem.

They told me to:

Open your Oculus "app" > Settings > Beta > Switch on "Public Test Channel"
What this does is basiclly download "pre-released" updates to your software. (If you go to Library > Updates, you can follow the download). After it's done downloading, you need to: Go to Settings > Beta > and then Restart Oculus. (This will just reboot the software). And after I did that I haven't experinced any "Critical Error" or game crashes.

Hope you guys can use this infomation 🙂