cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Agreed matey
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

I pretty much decided that I'm going to return mine

Welcome back, buddy! ❤️

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

My favorite review today - I'm starting to think the reviewer is right, it's probably best not to buy the Index until Valve has fixed the controllers and provides acceptable customer support:

https://youtu.be/ZBCs8M9tfH0

I don't think they will fix the controllers. Having shite analog sticks is a 'feature' according to them lol 😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

RuneSR2 said:

My favorite review today - I'm starting to think the reviewer is right, it's probably best not to buy the Index until Valve has fixed the controllers and provides acceptable customer support:

I don't think they will fix the controllers. Having shite analog sticks is a 'feature' according to them lol 😄

That's one serious issue, but the most serious issue to me is the nearly complete lack of responses from Valve. Users get no or automatic responses, strange if Valve Support should be completely overwhelmed at the moment. People can't even refund or return the hardware, but I guess Valve must fix this shortly. Having to repair a large number of Knuckles - and paying for the shipping - may be the hard math Valve is working on just now - and the other returns. .

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Welcome back, buddy! ❤️

What am I back from? I said from the start that I would return it if it didn't live up to my standards. I don't engage in console wars.

I just want a great high end VR option and Index looked to be what I was after. But the specs didn't show how bad the glare is and that pretty much squashed it for me. Much as I tried to ignore it, the fact that it was there continued to bug me and should not be a thing on a $1k headset kit. If it wasn't for that I would have been completely content with it. Back to the waiting game with my O+ lol. 

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

snowdog said:

RuneSR2 said:

That's one serious issue, but the most serious issue to me is the nearly complete lack of responses from Valve. Users get no or automatic responses, strange if Valve Support should be completely overwhelmed at the moment. People can't even refund or return the hardware, but I guess Valve must fix this shortly. Having to repair a large number of Knuckles - and paying for the shipping - may be the hard math Valve is working on just now - and the other returns. .

Yep, probably overwhelmed with returns over the knuckles sticks. I will charge back if I have to but I'm going to give them time to work it out. It will result in my account being unable to buy anything anymore but I have more than one account for that reason. For 1k bucks, yea I'll charge back lol.

I may just sell mine for a profit while people are still trying to get them because I actually have knuckles that work heh. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Welcome back, buddy! ❤️

What am I back from? I said from the start that I would return

Right, you said you would return, and now you did. Soooo, welcome back. We really gonna argue about how returning works? lol

pyroth309
Visionary

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Welcome back, buddy! ❤️

Right, you said you would return, and now you did. Soooo, welcome back. We really gonna argue about how returning works? lol

lmao fair enough. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Welcome back, buddy! ❤️

lmao fair enough. 

No worries. I meant nothing by that comment btw. I've had just been lurking in this thread and appreciate all the information shared. I am much like you in that I have yet to feel fully invested in any of these new HMD's. I'm getting much closer to buying the Rift-S now that there have been so many good reports after the last update. But I haven't quite gone through with the purchase yet. Even though you and I argue passionately on occasion, I still look favorably upon you and your posts. I honestly meant nothing negative by the welcome back comment. In fact, I felt it would be more of an 'inside joke' that you and I understood based on our overall history together on the forum.

Anywho, cheers!

pyroth309
Visionary

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

Welcome back, buddy! ❤️

lmao fair enough. 

No worries. I meant nothing by that comment btw. I've had just been lurking in this thread and appreciate all the information shared. I am much like you in that I have yet to feel fully invested in any of these new HMD's. I'm getting much closer to buying the Rift-S now that there have been so many good reports after the last update. But I haven't quite gone through with the purchase yet. Even though you and I argue passionately on occasion, I still look favorably upon you and your posts. I honestly meant nothing negative by the welcome back comment. In fact, I felt it would be more of an 'inside joke' that you and I understood based on our overall history together on the forum.

Anywho, cheers!

It's all good. If I didn't' have an O+ I'd probably consider the Rift-S but they're pretty similar headsets. Likely better tracking now with the Rift-S with the latest update(Previous update I'd put the WMR above because you could track close to the headset) but the O+ has better colors and blacks. I'll just use my CV1 for the Oculus exclusives until something substantially better comes out. I might actually consider the Cosmos now after scoffing at it but I'll wait to see if that 6th camera fixes my biggest problem with inside out and that's doing things around your belt area without looking down there. As a taller guy it's a problem with Quest and O+ and it's immersion killing.