cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no summer sale for Quest ?

FeroxD
Protege
Hello, I saw that Oculus add the new summer sale for Rift and GO. But why they don't add some sails for Quest?
https://www.oculus.com/blog/cool-off-with-the-oculus-summer-sale/?locale=en_US
Also, not a lot of creators support Rift and Quest,  and you should need to buy one app two times but why??
61 REPLIES 61

edmg
Trustee

Zenbane said:

edmg said:

I guess Oculus just want to punish early adopters for some reason.

Why is it a "punishment"? You could just get a job!

I have a job. That doesn't mean I think it's a good customer experience to buy a new headset, see the Oculus store making a fuss about the sale... and not put a single Quest title on sale.

Way to encourage early adopters, Oculus.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
But I bet you would be equally put out if  a couple of weeks after release oculus suddenly knocked £50 off the quest and put that £30 game you just bought on at 50% off. I remember when touch had its discount. 
People were a bit put out. I was too to be honest given for the entire time they were full price the damn things didn't work properly. 
I stayed the course confident oculus would fix it. And they did ... But I should have refunded as by the time it was fixed the price was slashed.

The same would happen here except "way to encourage early adopters" would instead be "way to thank early adopters"
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

edmg said:

Zenbane said:

edmg said:

I guess Oculus just want to punish early adopters for some reason.

Why is it a "punishment"? You could just get a job!

I have a job. That doesn't mean I think it's a good customer experience to buy a new headset, see the Oculus store making a fuss about the sale... and not put a single Quest title on sale.

Way to encourage early adopters, Oculus.

It's not a bad customer experience either. The headset is very new, and there's no way to say that a sale is "never" going to happen. It is just not happening now, when you feel entitled to it. The term "customer experience" doesn't account for self-entitlement.

You also don't seem to understand what the phrase "early adopter" entails. At no point does "early adopter" involve getting cheap prices. That's not even close to how "early adoption" works. When someone chooses to become an early adopter, they are choosing to spend "the most amount."

A sale occurs when something has been on the market for an extended period of time. An early adopter is someone who purchases something the moment it becomes available. So if you're whining about needing a sale price, then guess what? You're not an early adopter.

FeroxD
Protege

Spuzzum said:

FeroxD said:

I really I am now upset by buying a quest, no discounts, not a lot of games, and you need to buy games two times for rift and again for the quest.

The devs spend numerous hours creating the game for the Rift, then they have to spend just as many hours to create the game all over again for the Quest. If they decide to give you a copy for the Quest for free because you own it on the Rift, that's up to them, but shouldn't be expected. Did Sony give a free copy of a game ported to PSP that someone already bought for PS2?

No, it's not so much time to remake the created game. I develop PC project and after i build project to the quest! I don't need to make all project from start! If you don't know please don't write that. Like when you have a project for PS4 you can easy and fast remake that project for xbox.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

FeroxD said:
I develop PC project and after i build project to the quest!
Hmm, seems like you are lying since earlier you said that you did not build to the Quest:

You can check my work and that product for mobile VR and i made it for
all mobile VR devices except Quest I'm still developing the project.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/694083/#Comment_694083
When you have a real project available on Quest via the Oculus Store, then you can talk. And it doesn't count in your case, because of course you can probably easily port when this is the kind of stuff you're building:

You can't build stuff like that and then talk as if you know what it takes to build real projects across multiple platforms. You are basically building Clip Art concepts and then complaining about the price of a Picasso.

Anonymous
Not applicable

FeroxD said:

Spuzzum said:

FeroxD said:

I really I am now upset by buying a quest, no discounts, not a lot of games, and you need to buy games two times for rift and again for the quest.

The devs spend numerous hours creating the game for the Rift, then they have to spend just as many hours to create the game all over again for the Quest. If they decide to give you a copy for the Quest for free because you own it on the Rift, that's up to them, but shouldn't be expected. Did Sony give a free copy of a game ported to PSP that someone already bought for PS2?

No, it's not so much time to remake the created game. I develop PC project and after i build project to the quest! I don't need to make all project from start! If you don't know please don't write that. Like when you have a project for PS4 you can easy and fast remake that project for xbox.

lol...ok. So, reducing polygons, removing shadows, reflections and puddles and such, then reducing the frame rate from 90 down to 72...and still be smooth...is a quick flick of a switch?? Whatever you say dude. o.O

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a thead on Reddit shortly after the cross-buy was announced, and an actual known dev gave his input. My explanation was basically paraphrasing what he had said. I'll take his word over yours.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go look at Robo Recall on the Rift, then look at Robo Recall: Unplugged for the Quest. See how much work was done on that to get it actually playing on the Quest. Don't forget...they have to meet Oculus' standards for the Quest Store...and that includes not making people sick.

Anonymous
Not applicable
They wont have a sale when its just come out, this is silly. Stop being tight and just buy the games. Want a game sale? Then why not just sell your quest and get the go.

I cannot beleive people moaning when its only just come out.

FeroxD
Protege

Zenbane said:

FeroxD said:
I develop PC project and after i build project to the quest!
Hmm, seems like you are lying since earlier you said that you did not build to the Quest:

You can check my work and that product for mobile VR and i made it for
all mobile VR devices except Quest I'm still developing the project.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/694083/#Comment_694083
When you have a real project available on Quest via the Oculus Store, then you can talk. And it doesn't count in your case, because of course you can probably easily port when this is the kind of stuff you're building:

You can't build stuff like that and then talk as if you know what it takes to build real projects across multiple platforms. You are basically building Clip Art concepts and then complaining about the price of a Picasso.

No, you just not clever forum troll who did not develop anything and i think not even on one VR platform.