cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Luciferous
Consultant

kojack said:

Spuzzum said:

I hate to say this, but I'm kinda glad Valve snuffed Canada. After hearing reviews, I'm not sure I'd want the godrays or reduced sweetspot, or wonky controllers that customer service doesn't really want to deal with. I'll wait for OC6 to see what Oculus means by 'a new chapter'...

Not being able to buy it in Aus means its easier to wait to see what happens. 🙂

Good way to turn that frown upside down M8 lol

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I just hope VR companies learn from all this and stop launching VR headsets that aren't ready for the consumer market. If they carry on doing this then expect to have a lot of returns and some bad press. Nobody is telling these companies to rush these headsets out unfinished.
Yes there will still be faults like you can get with any electronics from time to time, but not like the ones we are seeing now. These companies must be aware of the problems on their VR headsets when they test them, but they are still going ahead and launching them anyway. All this has done is made me hold of from buying any of these headsets for now.

Fully agree - I haven't given up on Index yet, but my Index enthusiasm hasn't exactly been increasing lately, lol. I think it's a great idea to wait some months and see how this turns out, and that goes for Rift-S too, there're still a lot of users posting Rift-S problems on Reddit.

Uh-oh, now Zenbane has memorized this post and will hold it against me if I get Index in late July or August :# 😉

Well the Index hype has been massive - it even led me to pre-order and thereby breaking my code "first software/games, then hardware". Maybe it's best to wait for Valve to release one VR game and then see if Index is really needed. But I simply can't take the SDE much longer, then again I played some Space Pirate Trainer 90fps@ss2.0 last night to treat the Index depression, it kinda worked. I'll continue the treatment with some deep oled-black Rogan later today o:)

Mentally this is like returning to your faithful ex-girlfriend after finding out that the new superhot girl you left the ex for wasn't that hot after all... I think I need a beer... more like beers... sigh

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant

pyroth309 said:
I might actually consider the Cosmos now after scoffing at it but I'll wait to see if that 6th camera fixes my biggest problem with inside out and that's doing things around your belt area without looking down there. 

Erm  😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:
I might actually consider the Cosmos now after scoffing at it but I'll wait to see if that 6th camera fixes my biggest problem with inside out and that's doing things around your belt area without looking down there. 

Erm  😄

Yeah...Cosmos... What comes around goes around... Or was that the refunded Indices?  B)

xenwdgqrj1hn.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Techy111
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

Erm  😄

hf9ujsi1yvtj.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm, I know what you're thinking, "another white chick with an Index", but I kinda like the message  B)

x45zaj09m22l.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/c9coev/my_so_and_i_had_an_oculus_rift_before_we_receive...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Defect/broken/faulty Knuckles are now getting fixed:

t1kcxzo3i3bc.jpg
9dcnkaoxb972.png

I count myself a VR enthusiast and yes, i'm desperately looking for an upgrade to the CV1 but i'm torn on what enthusiast now seems to mean.  If it means i have to accept "flashes, streaks, blackouts, non-tracking fingers, RMAs" then i'd rather just be a standard user with a HMD that just works perfectly and has done since day 1 (for me).

This goes for the Reverb, the Rift S and the Index.  I want my new HMD to work and work well.  Luckily, i already have one and he keeps getting a stay of execution each time a new contender comes along.

Still waiting...
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

pyroth309
Visionary
Well, I've been overruled lol. My wife wanted to try the Index so I let her this morning. While she was halfway through I told her that I was returning it. She took the headset off and goes why would you do that? This one is much better than your other headsets. I said because of the damn glare. She said "what glare?"  I just shook my head...So I'm off to cancel my return ticket lol. Oh well, I'll just upgrade the HMD with the Reverb or something else down the line and keep this one too. 

I played again after she did for a a couple of hours this morning and while the glare is still there for me, I think I can deal with it since she likes it so much. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

pyroth309 said:

Well, I've been overruled lol. My wife wanted to try the Index so I let her this morning. While she was halfway through I told her that I was returning it. She took the headset off and goes why would you do that? This one is much better than your other headsets. I said because of the damn glare. She said "what glare?"  I just shook my head...So I'm off to cancel my return ticket lol. Oh well, I'll just upgrade the HMD with the Reverb or something else down the line and keep this one too. 

I played again after she did for a a couple of hours this morning and while the glare is still there for me, I think I can deal with it since she likes it so much. 

You should be wearing the trousers in that relationship. Tell her NO!!!! I'M RETURNING THE BLOODY THING. AND GET YOUR ARSE IN GEAR AND COOK MY BLOODY DINNER!!!

Honestly, you lot let your wives/girlfriends get away with MURDER!!! 😮