Bought yesterday Oculus Rift CV1, connected to my laptop 

Dell Inspiron 7567

specifications
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 
RAM 8 Gb
Discrete nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
integrated intel hd graphics 630
characteristics meet minimum requirements for Oculus Rift CV1
in a programme Oculus writes that everything is connected and working, but the orange light is constantly on there is a sound and a black screen, position tracking works, when I move my Oculus Rift on the monitor laptop i can turn in Game, but the Oculus Rift screen is black.
Please tell me what the problem is and how to solve it, and whether broken himself Oculus Rift.

22 REPLIES 22

ertert222
Explorer

sanya1888 said:

I apologize in advance for my English.
Bought yesterday Oculus Rift CV1, connected to my laptop 

Dell Inspiron 7567

specifications
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 
RAM 8 Gb
Discrete nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
integrated intel hd graphics 630
characteristics meet minimum requirements for Oculus Rift CV1
in a programme Oculus writes that everything is connected and working, but the orange light is constantly on there is a sound and a black screen, position tracking works, when I move my Oculus Rift on the monitor laptop i can turn in Game, but the Oculus Rift screen is black.
Please tell me what the problem is and how to solve it, and whether broken himself Oculus Rift.

reply:
In settings/camera is "allow access for apps to access your camera" checked?

MUSE_iC
Honored Guest
Im having the exact same issue and it didnt start until just recently after the updates(two or three days ago). Ive tried everything, but the problem still persists. Ive wiggled the cable for the headset around to see if it was the issue, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Ive tried different USB ports, ive tried repairing the oculus app, all windows and gfx card updates installed and up-to-date, I joined the beta channel for the Oculus app, and ive even set up my Oculus on a complettely different PC thats never had any sort of VR software on it. 

Oculus CV1
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - Driver Ver. 430.86
i7-8700k Stock no overclock
8GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro 

The headset was working perfectly fine until recently. The issue also seems to just happen at random. Ive had moments of it working for at least a few hours with no issues and then other times where it happens every few minutes and even stops working until i unplug it and plug it back in. As the OP mentioned the screen will go black, the headset indicator will be orange, but will turn off when you place on the headset (or block the sensor) instead of going white. Audio and Tracking continue to work normally regardless of the screen.

sanya1888
Honored Guest
I read that on laptops of nvidia optimus there may be a problem,as I understand from nvidia optimus in port hdmi displayed integrated video card and not discrete, because of this Oculus Rift does not display images and the orange light is on.
Question to support indeed this problem may be due nvidia optimus or is it the problem itself Oculus Rift ?

FlameDevil
Honored Guest
Have same problem, appeared some days ago. I suspect that just after update if firmware from Oculus. I was try all methods including re-installing firmware with deleting all remains, re-connecting devices, etc. Result - no image in Oculus, orange light. 

sraura
Heroic Explorer
For MSI laptop users most common recent fix (for rift s) has been to use older drivers (usually the latest device specifig drivers from MSI support site). May work for rift cv1 too... worth checking.
Also recent oculus update may have caused some issues for people who have extended ascii characters on their windows username.
There has and can be numerous other issues with laptops, so these are just random suggestions mainly to the ones who had their stuff working before some update went wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happened to me too on my CV1, working fine one day a few days later black screen. I have spent days trying all the posted fixes around the issue without a resolution. Even swapped out my HDMI cable as a last resort. Logged with Oculus, now we all sit around and wait for a fix, while the company is all consumed with the S and quest launch.

CS_RageBlackEdi
Honored Guest
Same Problem here...I just bought the headset and can't even finish the damn setup...
I was so hyped to use it. Having friends over this weekend and now the shit doesn't work. I've been up all night going through forums and what not. No answer. Nothing I do helps. Might just give up on VR completely.

All I wanted was for the F***ing thing to work. But ofc it doesn't. Either this "high tech" Equipment ist just crap or I'm too stupid to use it. Or it hates me and just doesn't want to be used.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@"CS.RageBlackEdition"

Could you give us your system specs ?? The community is here to try and help mate.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

lapommefr
Honored Guest
same problem impossible to use more than 20 sec, after sound bug, black screen the orange led turns on, flashes twice and then becomes white at this time I can put it back and it goes again and after the same thing ... damn orange led. I changed the version of my driver, try everything but nothing has ever worked. help !! I want to play: '(