cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no tennis game for the Quest? Well, that's just not cricket.

Buddha7
Explorer
The rejection of CyberTennis in the wake of the First Person Tennis rejection/delay seems unwise. Racket Fury is still a cluster-f*#k on Quest VR and I see no baseball bats being wielded just yet either - outside of the high-priced, low-fun Sports Scramble, that is. Have technical issues arisen that make such things problematic on Quest? Ninjas, flying fruit, Sith lords, swords, guns, Penns and Tellers won't do anymore. It's past time for big updates and big games so if problems persist then find some big balls and fix them and overwhelm us with choices numerous and confusing.
19 REPLIES 19

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Or.....ready for it......make a game yourself...baa dom tish
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Buddha7
Explorer
I was just about to do that very thing but after all the planning and preparation I sat down to create my game and was cruelly prevented from doing so by my - gosh-darn-it - classical education in music and the humanities. If only I'd known 40 years ago the things that would vex me today I'd have made wiser choices about I.T. and computing courses in my mispent, wasted youth.
If only I could pay other people who know things I don't to do what I cannot. Like game developers.
If I hit a bum note on stage and the sound guy mentions it it's not constructive to suggest he performs the set next time. He's a tech. guy with spectrum issues who develops apps as a hobby. I need sound in colours and feelings - he makes them with zeros and ones. In VR I'm a player, reclined in complacent expectation of the wonders other minds will create to feed the obese intellectual ignorance I bring to the table.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Damn I feel the same way about being a paramedic....if only I'd of made a game instead of moaning about saving the odd life here or there then my life would of been complete....sigh 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Buddha7
Explorer
Just don't revive any musicians you're called to treat after they collapse. Even we think the world's better off without us. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
 😄 

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not 'true' tennis, but Sports Scramble's pretty fun. 😛

Buddha7
Explorer
Tried that but it lost me after my racket suddenly became a baseball bat. I love baseball and am quite fond of bats in general but I think it wise to have the right tools for the task at hand. My hairdresser once swapped scissors for organic vegetable seeds and she lost over half her regular clients - which just goes to show how serious an issue this can be.

dawnlaguens
Honored Guest
Any updates on a great tennis game for quest? I guess we can use the upcoming cord capability to play first person by plugging in?

RHunterr
Expert Protege

Buddha7 said:

Tried that but it lost me after my racket suddenly became a baseball bat. I love baseball and am quite fond of bats in general but I think it wise to have the right tools for the task at hand. My hairdresser once swapped scissors for organic vegetable seeds and she lost over half her regular clients - which just goes to show how serious an issue this can be.

Umm.. you know you can turn the "scramble" part off and play it like "real" tennis, right????