RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Rogan looks really awesome - launches July 5 in the Oculus Store and on Steam:

https://youtu.be/WgTvbaSPw1s

Available on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/966560/ROGAN_The_Thief_in_the_Castle/

and the Oculus Store:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1668330116583564/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well personally I'd rather choose to hand her over to the guards. You'll get a reward and a front row seat for her execution, and you won't be risking your life sneaking around the place.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Another minor problem is that Defector probably arrives July 11 - it gives me just 6 days to play Rogan before there's something else I'd rather do with my time, lol. 
Seems like we're in for a great summer 🙂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

R3df0x_Qc
Explorer

R3df0x_Qc said:

On Oculus, the promotion is only 21% why?

Steam 45.49$ -33% = 30.48$ CAD
Oculus 45.99$ -21% = 35.93$ CAD

(RE)Why? No one has an explanation?

I speak for America, because for Europe it seems fair

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Seems the discount is still up on the Oculus Store but not on Steam. That's one way I guess. Any how a review here.
http://thevrrealm.com/reviews/rogan-thief-in-the-castle-review-oculus-rift/

Conclusion
ROGAN: The Thief in the Castle really does give you the feeling of being a thief, and keeps that feeling by making sure you are still stealing, as you now go on this adventure for a payment. The mechanics behind the few gameplay elements are solid enough to keep you immersed in the detailed world they have created. With my only few niggles coming in the form some of the visual choices and slight audio issue. But, the game brings a story that will keep you interested through your full play-through, which seems short at three hours – but, I think people will play it more than once.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just bought some Rogan wine, in a short time I'll be ready for some pure darkness and won't see the SDE on the CV1  😄 

so7lpynlo3l9.jpg

Wildt
Consultant

Rogan: A Thief In The Castle Review: Gorgeous VR Sneaking That’s Simply Too Simple

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

What's wrong with simple? Due to my anti-SDE treatment (see my previous post), it's not going to be simple, and if I can't download the game soon I risk overdosing the anti-SDE treatment and then even the slightest sneaking will be INCREDIBLY hard!  😄 :blush:

https://youtu.be/LTD0cweD6rg

https://youtu.be/Nt5gqa20nus

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems like Rogan is having a rough time - like Seeking Dawn exactly 1 year ago. But I don't think it's justified. Rogan doesn't have anything even remotely close to AAA funding, but nonetheless I think the devs made a really impressive game. Admitted, this is currently a 4 stars game, but I awarded the game 5 stars in the Store to slightly help the devs. Some users gave the game 2 stars on Steam because of the hood - that really wasn't fair, the hood is what makes this game stand out, it's enhancing not reducing immersion. This is my review from the Store, but I've only played the game for an hour and did spend some time on the graphics and the benchmarks:

"The hood is actually quite awesome, takes away the feeling of wearing scuba gear and makes you feel like a real thief. I don't think this game is different from the trailer, at least I wasn't disappointed. Graphics are about as demanding as Seeking Dawn, ok not quite but you get the idea. Using Medium or High settings you activate tesselation, so 2D stones on ground and/or in walls get real 3D surfaces. This is very GPU demanding but looks great. Using a GTX 1080 I forced super sampling 2.0 and used High settings - and the game looked truly awesome - like being present in a real castle. Fps felt like 90 even if it's always 45 thanks to ASW 2.0. I don't think I could play this game without ASW 2.0, even using low settings I get only 45 fps - but that's using super sampling 2.0, which greatly enhances depth perception and image sharpness. If SteamVR doesn't directly support the Oculus drivers, then the Oculus version may perform heads and shoulders better than the SteamVR version. I really don't have performance problems - and the castle looks awesome including the surroundings. Low graphics settings look great too, texture details seem the same as using High, shadows looked nice too - but since I got 45 fps using both Low and High settings I went for High 😉 I'd recommed that the devs make a "Customs" setting for graphics, letting users set up everything according to individual preferences. 
Gameplay is extremely linear and some levels are very short, so take your time to investigate everything - don't rush through the levels. Using CV1 the sound and music are awesome. Maybe this is somewhat a copy of Thief, but it's still a first for VR.  
Worst part for me was the controls - controls felt dated. Shadow Legend can show the devs how to implement perfect controls. Do support smooth turning and let us have HMD-directed locomotion. The devs have put in a lot of hours making this game - do give the game a bit more polish and it'll truly shine."

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Saw this review on Steam:

"Pretty much a walking story. Charactor design is cool but the whole game looks like a blurry mess even on the high graphics settings (gtx 1080). Walk around the guards picking up loot for the 3 or 4 chapters got dull quick. Cant recomend this game at this expensive price. All the previews and screenshots of the game before it was released is what got me interested but its so damn blurry its unbearable."

Other Steam users also mentioned that image quality was like a PSVR blurry mess - but it's not on my CV1, image quality is really sharp and awesome, like I can see clearly 100 meters away or so - but I am using very high levels of super sampling. ASW 2.0 + high levels of super sampling may be the saviors of this game until (if ever) devs improve performance. And I didn't notice SDE on the CV1 🙂

R3df0x_Qc
Explorer
Good news ; the HOOD will be an option in a future patch!