cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest - Tracking Lost Problem

Bunzee22
Honored Guest
I'm looking help or suggestions.   My new Quest was work fine and suddenly it lost tracking.  Now it doesn't seem to work.   I turn it off and on and it still says tracking lost.   Anyone else have this problem?   Should I do a factory reset?   Is there any customer service that doesn't take days?
70 REPLIES 70

davber
Honored Guest
Omg same here it Said that alot and i cant fix it someone help!

Rahimstella
Honored Guest

Bunzee22 said:

I'm looking help or suggestions.   My new Quest was work fine and suddenly it lost tracking.  Now it doesn't seem to work.   I turn it off and on and it still says tracking lost.   Anyone else have this problem?   Should I do a factory reset?   Is there any customer service that doesn't take days?

Rahimstella
Honored Guest
I have no idea what to do someone’s plz help me i am stuck on the tracking lost screen

VCRRepairman
Protege

I have no idea what to do someone’s plz help me i am stuck on the tracking lost screen

Factory Reset fixed my issue but you will lose all saved data. If you contact support that is what they will push. It's a software issue that they need to fix. I'm scared to take my Quest anywhere besides my main gaming room as I think that is what causes problems.  It seems to get confused with similar looking playspaces.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
You can backup your savegames located in Android\Data folder.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

birdfaced
Honored Guest
Same - tracking issues as of yesterday.

Daduck
Explorer
I ended up taking a video with my phone through the lens, showing the issue to support, and startet a RMA case. Sent back the faulty unit, and got a replacement that works.

MadSpin
Honored Guest
I just wanted to chime in to say I've experienced the same tracking lost spazzing out issue. Where it just keeps flickering tracking lost. I did a factory reset and "so far" it's "fixed" the problem. It's been less than 24 hours tho so I'm sorta nervous. I'm wondering now if it's really a software bug and if an update can really solve/fix this issue. Worst case I'm under warranty still but it would suck to have to RMA the unit and go thru that whole process. 

anthonsh
Protege
Similar issues here.  Already tried a factory reset.  Worked great for weeks before the latest firmware update. 

IronWolf0623
Honored Guest

Bunzee22 said: