cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no summer sale for Quest ?

FeroxD
Protege
Hello, I saw that Oculus add the new summer sale for Rift and GO. But why they don't add some sails for Quest?
https://www.oculus.com/blog/cool-off-with-the-oculus-summer-sale/?locale=en_US
Also, not a lot of creators support Rift and Quest,  and you should need to buy one app two times but why??
61 REPLIES 61

FeroxD
Protege

Spuzzum said:

Go look at Robo Recall on the Rift, then look at Robo Recall: Unplugged for the Quest. See how much work was done on that to get it actually playing on the Quest. Don't forget...they have to meet Oculus' standards for the Quest Store...and that includes not making people sick.

They could make a small discount, and not simply ignore one device..

Anonymous
Not applicable

FeroxD said:

Spuzzum said:

Go look at Robo Recall on the Rift, then look at Robo Recall: Unplugged for the Quest. See how much work was done on that to get it actually playing on the Quest. Don't forget...they have to meet Oculus' standards for the Quest Store...and that includes not making people sick.

They could make a small discount, and not simply ignore one device..

Or Oculus can pick up the tab...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like I said earlier...did Sony give you a free copy of a game ported to PSP just because you already bought it for PS2? And as I said about Robo Recall...look at how much they had to change just to get it running on the Quest. Then all the testing they had to do. That must have taken a minimum of a few hundred hours. You may work for free, but not everybody.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

FeroxD said:
No, you just not clever forum troll who did not develop anything and i think not even on one VR platform.

I haven't built anything fancy yet, but then again... neither have you.

Two years ago I messed around with WebVR and A-Frame:

I'm working on an Enterprise VR Project that won't be available on any Store though. I'm building it for the company I work for. But it doesn't matter... your mediocre attempt to call me a troll won't take away from the fact that it is incredibly silly for you to demand a Discount on such a new piece of hardware. And trying to over-glorify your Clipart VR App as if you understand what it means to build to multiple platforms is equally silly.

FeroxD
Protege

Zenbane said:

FeroxD said:
No, you just not clever forum troll who did not develop anything and i think not even on one VR platform.

I haven't built anything fancy yet, but then again... neither have you.

Two years ago I messed around with WebVR and A-Frame:

I'm working on an Enterprise VR Project that won't be available on any Store though. I'm building it for the company I work for. But it doesn't matter... your mediocre attempt to call me a troll won't take away from the fact that it is incredibly silly for you to demand a Discount on such a new piece of hardware. And trying to over-glorify your Clipart VR App as if you understand what it means to build to multiple platforms is equally silly.

I'm working on the PC VR project for HTC/Oculus and controllers are the same and it's working on both devices. Ok this is your opinion

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

FeroxD said:
I'm working on the PC VR project for HTC/Oculus and controllers are the same and it's working on both devices. Ok this is your opinion

Everything is an opinion in this thread, including your thoughts on how games are built to Rift and Quest, and including your notions about when a sale should occur. While you are entitled to your opinion (just like everyone else), unfortunately you have not done a good job of making a strong case. In fact, you have resorted to hyperbole to try to force your opinion; which is usually a sign that the opinion is without merit.

FeroxD
Protege

Zenbane said:

FeroxD said:

Everything is an opinion in this thread, including your thoughts on how games are built to Rift and Quest, and including your notions about when a sale should occur. While you are entitled to your opinion (just like everyone else), unfortunately you have not done a good job of making a strong case. In fact, you have resorted to hyperbole to try to force your opinion; which is usually a sign that the opinion is without merit.

So this is my opinion, I'm not very pleased when my only device did not give a discount when I wanted to buy specific games. Again it's my opinion.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

FeroxD said:

So this is my opinion, I'm not very pleased when my only device did not give a discount when I wanted to buy specific games. Again it's my opinion.

But you shared your opinion here in the forums so people are giving you their opinion. People have been trying to explain why an Oculus Quest sale isn't going to happen right now. There will be sales in the future, but it's a new device and Oculus and devs want to make a profit like any company does at first.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

FeroxD said:

Your "only" device? I thought you said you built to Mobile and PC as well? I sense quite of bit of untruths.

Even if it were your only device, that is completely irrelevant.

FeroxD
Protege

Zenbane said:

FeroxD said:

Your "only" device? I thought you said you built to Mobile and PC as well? I sense quite of bit of untruths.

Even if it were your only device, that is completely irrelevant.

At home yes, and yesterday i got Oculus rift Szk05ak0qqtxw.jpg