cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S...blurry image?

richard_hasek
Explorer
Hi...iam kinda new to the VR(i tryed HTC Vive 1.5 year ago). Today i bought Rift S...setup was with little "baby" ills(must connect USB to front of the PC) but thats its.
Tracking works 100%...There i was really suprised. 
But i there was the image...i now its not 4K but my image was kinda..."low res" and distant objects(3 meters +) was hard to focus on. In the middle was "kinda" fine but at sides...all "blurry" hell breaks loose...
Iam not rembering this being on HTC Vive.
IDP Software didnt do much(nothing)
I was testing Oculus "setup game" ...SteamVR menu and Skyrim and everything was liitle bit blurry...not sharp like i rembered from HTC Vive(even with smaller res.)
Is Skyrim and "menus" wrong to test this out...any games to try or settings?Or Help? 
Thank you and sorry for my bad english 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

RattyUK
Trustee
If your IPD is over the 'optimum' (or even under) you may have to move the HMD essentially around a circle (around the eyes) to find the 'sweet spot' - also make sure that the back of the halo sits as low as possible into the back of your head, once you find the right spot things should be much sharper.
Good luck, keep trying 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

richard_hasek
Explorer
I sadly return the Oculus cuz of that 😕 Maybe i try it buy again and "play" with HMD little bit more next time.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Wow, that was a fast return... Same day as asking the question!  🙂
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Troll I'd say
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Yep!!

richard_hasek
Explorer
No trolling here:
And here is the answer: The unit i returned was defective(something with one lens...so thats why image was blurry.
Today i pick up second one(new) Rift S and it was night and day. Little tweak with skyrim settings and it looks 100% better then on the last one 🙂
Even try Pavlov and its really good(so good that i play till Oculus said it was dark outside and i need to add little bit of light 😄

WarMace
Honored Guest
@"richard.hasek"  Was your unit blurry on the sides like my below image?  If so I'm struggling with the same issue.  I even reconnected my old Rift and had no problem reading text to the left and right of my vision, but with the new rift S this is impossible.whlhjzxic4at.jpg

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star

No trolling here:
And here is the answer: The unit i returned was defective(something with one lens...so thats why image was blurry.
Today i pick up second one(new) Rift S and it was night and day. Little tweak with skyrim settings and it looks 100% better then on the last one 🙂
Even try Pavlov and its really good(so good that i play till Oculus said it was dark outside and i need to add little bit of light 😄

Glad you got it sorted in the end.  What was the tweak yo umade for Skyrim? 
That would be interesting to know as my skyrim is very dark!
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."