cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest won't stay turned off

RHunterr
Expert Protege
So I'm having intermittent charging issues like alot of other people.  Mine seems to charge better when it is turned off... however there's a switch in the Settings to "Turn on when detecting activity", so I switched that off. Then I just turn the headset off (via the "Power down" option on-screen) when I'm done and plug it in.

The problem is that the headset doesn't usually STAY turned off. I'll go look at it a bit later after turning it off and plugging it in and I"ll see that the front "on" indicator light is light up and the headset is on. (sometimes it's in passthrough mode, some times it's giving me a message about tracking, etc.)

So what do I have to do to get this thing to stay powered down when I power it down?
46 REPLIES 46

justaf
Honored Guest
I have the same problem and the battery just kept draining even in rest mode, so after hours of leaving it plugged in I got drained battery. At least I found a way to charge while it's on; press down the power button, when the window asking me if I will power off pops up, just tap the power button once to put it to rest. This way, battery does charge slowly opposed to when it's resting while in guardian setup. Could those of you who have the same problem try this and tell me if it works?

Wolfox
Protege
I have same Issue and I hate it!!
LINK TO MY TOPIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can turn it right off. Have to hold down the start button for several secs and a menu will come up. With turn off listed. This turns off the headset completely

RHunterr
Expert Protege
That's the point though;  it turns itself back on while charging

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine does not as I have it completely turned off.

RHunterr
Expert Protege
I turn mine completely off too. Every time (literally, every time) it turns itself back on within minutes of plugging the charging cable in.

darthmiike
Honored Guest
the reason I see for the quest turning on is if you have a screen protector in whilst charging the quest it turns itself on, if you take out the cardboard protector it doesn't turn on whilst charging. anything that triggers the sensor that is supposed to recognise when you put the head set on inside  the quest will make it instantly turn on even from a complete power down state, this seems to only happen when charging.

basically oculus needs to disable the sensor inside the headset when in full power down mode to stop this , it seems a simple fix that a firmware update could address 

this is with the "Turn on when detecting activity" set to off , which doesn't seem to work 

bigstatik
Protege
Had mine 100% fully charged. Unplugged it, left it on table. Went to use it the next day 22% batt.  Was fully off and, no screen protector and touch it and explodes mode is turned off. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RHunterr said:

That's the point though;  it turns itself back on while charging

Mine does not. Stays off till I press the on button. There also is a mode you can turn off in options that will disable the auto wake feature. If it comes back on during charging then its not off. You have to hold down for a few secs then get the menu and must use turn off by selecting it with the controller. Why you guys are having issues beats me?

The only way mine turns back on is I have to physical turn it on by the on off button.

enigma01
Trustee

darthmiike said:
anything that triggers the sensor that is supposed to recognise when you put the head set on inside  the quest will make it instantly turn on even from a complete power down state, this seems to only happen when charging.

I use a 3D printed lens protector all the time and keep it in place during charging, and mine doesn’t power on itself after being completely shutdown. It charges fine and doesn’t power on until a physically turn it back on myself. 

Why this is apparently happening on some people’s Quests and not others I don’t know, but certainly doesn’t happen on mine. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?