cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

Anonymous
Not applicable

GamingTC2 said:

Until today I also had the white flashes.  Many white flashes in project cars menu.
Then I turned off Gsync and changed image settings to "let 3d application decide".
Few hours later still no flashes in project cars menu. Before every minute in the menu and every half hour while playing project cars.
I will test further the next few days.izdlufbdh4g8.pngb72tmuhxkdlx.png

I tried this but it didn't help for me.

hashcheck
Protege
i am getting a replacement from amazon and sending other back will see how that goes

Mnemonic
Protege

hashcheck said:

i am getting a replacement from amazon and sending other back will see how that goes

Few people in this thread already replaced their headsets, and problem persisted, so not sure if that would help actually

Rosgillies
Adventurer
I had the cable replaced, same problem, flashes.

netshaman
Expert Protege
I have this too, it seems to be a software problem.

hashcheck
Protege
Mine didn't flash again used in oculus home with virtual desktop and Elgato capture Nintendo switch. New one arriving tomorrow will test that one also. I'm using oculus tool kit plugin and advanced settings tool in steamvr

clemenca
Protege
Waiting for fixing this problem since first use of Rift S on 02.06.19...

Sesharim
Explorer
just opt in the beta and got all the updates but flashes are here to stay -.-

mhajii210
Expert Protege
Guys just try to be patient. I know we all want the static flashes to go away but obviously if it was an easy fix Oculus would have fixed it by now. You will drive yourself crazy if you keep attempting to fix it yourself. I replaced my cable and it made no difference. I've pretty much given up as far as trying to correct it from my end and I'm waiting now for Oculus to release a firmware update that will hopefully reduce or resolve the static flashes.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

mhajii210 said:

Guys just try to be patient. I know we all want the static flashes to go away but obviously if it was an easy fix Oculus would have fixed it by now. You will drive yourself crazy if you keep attempting to fix it yourself. I replaced my cable and it made no difference. I've pretty much given up as far as trying to correct it from my end and I'm waiting now for Oculus to release a firmware update that will hopefully reduce or resolve the static flashes.

Be patient the unit never should have never been released with this problem I have done more troubleshooting, exchanging my rift-s for another one contacting customer service three times, exchanging cables reinstalling oculus software as I stated before if the problem isn't addressed by the end of the week I returning my rift-s once the problem is resolved I will purchase it again.
Oculus should have announced they are working on a solution instead of wasting the user's time with troubleshooting
When the flashes happen every 5 minutes or so it's a game breaker.
This problem is very widespread it's not just one or two Rift-s which have the problem and also none of reviews I watched pointed out this problem.