cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom prescription lenses for Quest?

paw9k
Protege
I remember when Oculus Go launched there was a link to purchase prescription lenses that would be custom fitted on top of the Go lenses.  Do you think a similar option will be available for the Quest eventually?

I've actually been putting off doing my annual eye exam so I can get whatever measurements they need for a Quest variant of these lenses.

Super excited for Quest, can't wait!
17 REPLIES 17

ntwigbels said:

I've ordered the widmovr prescription lenses for Rift-S. They also seem to fit in my Quest, but I use them for my Rift-S mainly.

Is that a definite fit in both? I'm a bit nervous of the 'seems to' phrase 😉

ntwigbels
Expert Protege

ntwigbels said:

I've ordered the widmovr prescription lenses for Rift-S. They also seem to fit in my Quest, but I use them for my Rift-S mainly.

Is that a definite fit in both? I'm a bit nervous of the 'seems to' phrase 😉

Yes, they fit, but I have no proof, I only put them in the Quest once to try 😉

MrWaverly
Honored Guest
The real question is............... how well do they work?

J-Fly
Protege
WidMoVR lenses are working decent for me on my Quest. The astigmatism is still there but that’s natural for my corrected vision. 

ntwigbels
Expert Protege

MrWaverly said:

The real question is............... how well do they work?

I would say at least as good, or even better than my normal prescription glasses, because you don't have light leakage at the sides above your ear.

Robawesome
Honored Guest
The WidmoVR lens I ordered for my Quest work perfectly in my Rift S, very awesome! With high-index and blue light filter they cost me $134. Nice not having to purchase a second pair of inserts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although the Quest comes with a spacer, be extremely careful still...I just found tiny scratches in my right lens, and a longer thin scratch on my left lens. It's not enough to affect the vision, fortunately, but they're now scratched just the same. I tried to see if the lens rings from my Go...the rings that fit around the lenses after putting the facial insert in...would work as extra protection on top of the Quest's rings, but they are different sized, and slightly different shaped. I'm pissed. I was so damn careful putting on and taking off the headset, and up until just a few days ago, they were scratch free. I guess I might try some PolyWatch...there's been a few members who have used it already with great results.

laudbrian
Explorer
I've been using these magnetic lens prescription adapters as they have totally changed my VR experience comfort wise, no more scratches or fog. Easy to remove if you're sharing with other users as my wife and kid have perfect eyesight. They are half the price of competitors WidomoVR, VR Optician and 3D printed just like the rest of them. All you need are these magnetic adapters https://www.etsy.com/listing/710848026/oculus-quest-rift-s-magnetic and $9.95 prescription lens from Zenni