cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product does not work :(

Israel_Lavie
Explorer
The VR stopped working after automatic update, asks for firmware update...
previous time I spent about one week with the support to get a patch to make it work,
this time it is already 16 days, and it does not work.
Paid $600 for it, now it is like  stone with a value of $600.
14 REPLIES 14

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Hebrew isn't probably causing issues... just the username thingy has been troublesome in some of the latest builds. Anyways you already counted that one out.
Anyways if you use windows 7, read this post

Israel_Lavie
Explorer
The following fixed the problem.
  1. "Control panel"
  2. "Clock and Region"
  3. "Region"
  4. Choosing the tab "Administrative"
  5. Pressing "Change system local" and checking the box "Beta: Use Unicode UTD-8 for worldwide language support"

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Ok so it was language thing after all... Thanks for the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not opt to anything, the setup process is stuck in the stage were I am supposed to continue with the VR, but there is no display.
dead lock.

I am having the same issue.. mine is dead locked at the set up screen where it asks you to put on the headset.  Since the headset wont come on, it wont work.  It was working fine till two days ago....  Got it on day 1.  Was yours working before and then stopped or was it never working?    I am using region in USA so not sure that will help fix anything for me. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee

The following fixed the problem.
  1. "Control panel"
  2. "Clock and Region"
  3. "Region"
  4. Choosing the tab "Administrative"
  5. Pressing "Change system local" and checking the box "Beta: Use Unicode UTD-8 for worldwide language support"

I'm a programmer. This is why I hate programming for Windows. I remember having a user in Japan with a baffling bug. It all came down to something similar to what you mentioned. It's impossible to test all these possibilities and different configurations. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2