cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No man sky wont lunch

696CosmicGamer6
Honored Guest
Hello. I got oculus rift s yesterdey. And i buy ni man sky in the steam vr shop. I installd the game but it wont lunch. All i get in my oculus is black screen some time its say that he cant sence my head movment and some time its say that my right controller is out of battery and then i have to reatart my computer. My comouter spect is gtx 1080 i7 6800k .
My windows is up to date and my gtx 1080 is updater to the last virsion. The game.dosent send report of some problem to fix. Evrething eles work fine i downloded google.erthe diysnyworld and some.other app and they all work fine. What the problem and how can i fix it
12 REPLIES 12

ShocksVR
Superstar
1. No Mans Sky doesnt have VR yet. The VR releases in a few months

2. Try posting this on the SteamVR discussions page. If your Rift S works with Oculus software, then it's a steam problem  https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/

3. You must run the Oculus program and steam at the same time.

EDIT - added link
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Luciferous
Consultant
I bought it couple weeks ago in preparation for VR in the sale. Definitely not playable yet in VR but plays fine in steam. 

Ps it’s launch not lunch ? 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Had much the same problem - I think it caused me to die from starvation! I really dislike when I can't lunch in the game, but maybe it's better than to die from the cold? Sigh, maybe I should read the manual or try the tutorial, right now I'm just wandering around until I die  😉

Looking forward to play it in VR, when the VR patch probably arrives later this month.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Ps it’s launch not lunch ? 

Yeh because NMS went out for dinner.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Scratch so nice gotta hear it twice...

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’ve merged these duplicate threads. If your topic doesn’t appear immediately after posting, please give it a bit of time rather than posting it again. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

696CosmicGamer6
Honored Guest
I dont undrstand  if the game is for the pc and not the vr why my pc not lunching the game and i get black screen. Ift its not for the vr i itlist can play iy in the play room in 100 inc tv in the vr

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

I dont undrstand  if the game is for the pc and not the vr why my pc not lunching the game and i get black screen. Ift its not for the vr i itlist can play iy in the play room in 100 inc tv in the vr

All i get in my oculus is black screen some time its say that he cant
sence my head movment and some time its say that my right controller is
out of battery and then i have to reatart my computer.
You could give a bit more info rather then just say your game won't launch. First of all it won't work in VR because No Mans Sky isn't even out yet for VR. Judging by what you have said above there's no wonder why it isn't working on you Television screen because I honestly have no idea what you are trying to do here.

Digikid1
Consultant
Maybe it will only LUNCH after breakfast.