its_the_boys
Honored Guest
How to get past this screen?

13 REPLIES 13

Techy111
MVP
MVP
What are your computer specs ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Not a lot of info here. I'll take it that you did do what the pic tells you to do and nothing happens - Correct?
Specs and more info would be helpful.

its_the_boys
Honored Guest
nvidia 1060, 24 gb ram, i5 2500k. I know the cpu needs an upgrade but my oculus came before my ryzen did. I'd like to at least see that it works on this setup. Yes, I've plugged the Display port connector into my 1060 and I have the USB plugged into the USB 3.0 on my motherboard. It detects the oculus, the red light is on, and I can hear audio coming from the headset. So obviously the USB connection is working. Why can't the oculus software detect it?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Oculus Rift S minimum PC requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350 or greater.
  • RAM: 8GB.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti / Radeon RX 470 or greater.
  • USB Ports: 1 USB 3.0 .

Oculus Rift S recommended PC requirements

• CPU: Intel i5 4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater.
  • RAM: 8GB.
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon R9 480 or greater.
  • USB Ports: 1 USB 3.0 .

its_the_boys
Honored Guest
@RedRizla,

I meet the minimum specs.

my cpu is better than the i3-6100, the 1060 is better than the 1050, 24 > 8, and I have 64 bit windows with 1 usb 3.0

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Well the i3-6100 came out in 2015 and the 2500k 2011. I'm really not sure if a 2500k still works, so hopefully someone will come along and help you with that. Maybe @kojack could help you regarding the Cpu or one of the other mods or someone else. All I know is it's an 8 year old Cpu which is old now.

its_the_boys
Honored Guest
Well sure but that should be quite a separate issue to the device being recognised, no? And sure it's an old CPU but it's more powerful than the min spec CPU. All the min spec says is "or greater", it doesn't say "or newer"

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Does your mobo have onboard graphics ? Is the rift plugged directly into the gpu correctly mate ? Is it the 3 or 6gb 1060 ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

its_the_boys
Honored Guest
6gb 1060, plugged directly into one of the display ports. I've tried all 3 of them. I have a hunch it might be a usb 3.0 issue. im using GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3