cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you DON'T experience static flashes please tell us what is your setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally, I experience static flashes every 5-6 mins.
If you DON't experience static flashes please give us as much detail as possible about your machine so we further narrow down the problem.
46 REPLIES 46

RattyUK
Trustee
With the 2nd Rift S I do have very random flashes, considerably less than the first.  Would be nicer still to have none...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Digikid1
Consultant

Right? Are you done beating your head on the wall? It's not your system, it's the Rift S.

Have to agree. This is a OCULUS issue and not a system issue. 

Neodenzel
Honored Guest
Is this an hardware issue ? And if that is the case, please let us know In order to be reimbursed !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Neodenzel said:

Is this an hardware issue ? And if that is the case, please let us know In order to be reimbursed !

I'm afraid they won't tell us if its a hardware issue. They probably want to wait until after their quarly earnings report to make it public or some such. They are a public company after all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried yeterday's update Oculus App Version 1.39.0.265772 (1.39.0.265772). And I still get a ton of static flashes.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Anyone not getting the static flash is either blind or they don't play long enough to notice. Or you're gonna tell me like 1% of Rift S's don't get it? I just really doubt it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone not getting the static flash is either blind or they don't play long enough to notice. Or you're gonna tell me like 1% of Rift S's don't get it? I just really doubt it.

Maybe they blink really really slow. lol. I don't know. I'm just as baffled as you are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sraura
Heroic Explorer
I don't know if it is even reasonable to assume you can use the product over 30 days and expect to get full refund or new product. If in the end they can't fix the flashes with software patch, they will surely inform us howto proceed to get our equipment fixed. It is unlikely we get totally new devices if the fix can be archived by less expensive way.
It is good to keep in mind that they have previously said, that currently replacement device would not fix the flashes. It can either mean that all devices got same problem or that flashes are caused by software (which is something I believe in too).

Anonymous
Not applicable

sraura said:

I don't know if it is even reasonable to assume you can use the product over 30 days and expect to get full refund or new product. If in the end they can't fix the flashes with software patch, they will surely inform us howto proceed to get our equipment fixed. It is unlikely we get totally new devices if the fix can be archived by less expensive way.
It is good to keep in mind that they have previously said, that currently replacement device would not fix the flashes. It can either mean that all devices got same problem or that flashes are caused by software (which is something I believe in too).

What if a fix cannot be achieved? Oculus hasn't even made the problem public. They continue to sell a defective product. And, if you make a ticket they ask you to be patient.

At face value, it looks like they are trying to make as much money as possible before the rabbit is out of the hat.