cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

Through the lens for what it's worth:

https://youtu.be/ZaMyW6mtApg

Fucking hell, I know that it's difficult to judge because they're through the lens shots, but the Vive Pro looks fucking AWFUL in all of those clips compared to the other two. 😮

Evileyes
Rising Star
Well I can tell you without a doubt, the Vive Pro looks way better when you have it on.. those lens shots are for the birds.. I can HARDLY tell the difference between the index and Pro.. index is slightly better visually. (I also find it funny that the index in these shots has better color, thats not the case with my Pro.. My pro's colors are vivid.
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Sticking a camera in-front of a lens to try and show people what these headsets are like is one big 😄

Luciferous
Consultant
@evileyes Could you tell me what the FOV is like in the Index. Do you have it dialed right in and has it lost that binocular feeling when looking through the CV1?

Sorry, won't be reading the entire thread...

Are there many games already utilising the full features of the Knuckles controllers?

How many people on here own one?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Luciferous
Consultant
I think 5, but 2 definitely.

jab
pyroth309
evileyes
oculushomie or something like that
KlodsBrik

Evileyes
Rising Star

@evileyes Could you tell me what the FOV is like in the Index. Do you have it dialed right in and has it lost that binocular feeling when looking through the CV1?

FOV is better, that said.. not by much.  But better is better 🙂
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

Evileyes said:

FOV is better, that said.. not by much.  But better is better 🙂

Any issues with games and the Knuckles controllers?

Many games using them to their full potential?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Evileyes said:

Well I can tell you without a doubt, the Vive Pro looks way better when you have it on.. those lens shots are for the birds.. I can HARDLY tell the difference between the index and Pro.. index is slightly better visually. (I also find it funny that the index in these shots has better color, thats not the case with my Pro.. My pro's colors are vivid.

All the "thru the lens" videos remind me of little kids pretending to be animals. Like children barking and meowing in order to act like dogs and cats. Yes, that is kinda what doggies and kitties sound like, but also no... it's not even close to the real thing.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I can't stand them to be honest. Unless they are of the HP Reverb. Here's my through the lens shot.

6ntyce19jdk7.jpg

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.