cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Ideas

Pierconic
Honored Guest
There didn't seem to be a thread related to suggestions for the oculus home, It's a great main hub for Oculus, and I've been excited to see the recent additions to it, such as the avatar system. Some of the ideas I've had for future additions include implementing season/daylight cycles into the backgrounds that mimic the players current location's timezone, the ability to edit the size and primary color of objects, and implementing various animals that could wander around your home. Please share thoughts and suggestions for oculus home here!
13 REPLIES 13

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I would be happy if I could just for a walk in the valley and put my animals there and not on my front porch 🙂

NB_Destroyer
Explorer
I'd love it if they could fix the compatibility issues between SteamVR and Oculus Home (yes, I know, not a feature, but still). A lot of the time whenever I launch a game in SteamVR, Oculus Home will still be running in the headset, with slowed performance as my PC then has to supply power for 2 games at once. In terms of features, though, I'd love it if they added full-body avatars, and also added secondary motion-tracking system similar to that of the Kinect using a webcam (or a modified Kinect), so that we can have accurate leg and elbow positioning. I'd also want them to add support for 3rd party controllers such as the Valve Knuckles when they come out.
Core i5-8600k | 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400Mhz | 500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 1TB FireCuda SSHD
MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB | Rosewill HIVE 550W Modular | NZXT S340 White

DRninjawarrior
Honored Guest
I have always wanted to make the rec room defualt dorm but never had the patience to do so

gonzague_defrai
Honored Guest
Here is what i think about oculus home:

i use it mostly, to have a background when i want to watch a movie on virtual desktop, BUT,

EVERYTHING, everything is made to make me mad when i try to watch a movie with it, the home loads, and then i lose internet for some seconds and it leave the home, then it starts back and im stuck in a virtual chair, i cant see the movie, and it happens again and again without interuptions so i miss 20 minutes of the movie,  then i need to pin the movie in order for it to stay when i leave the menu, then i grab the pistol cause i want to shoot some targets while watching, and the pistol fall from my hand without reason, randomly, i keep holding the hold button but the pistol randomly falls after some seconds, then a pop up tells me how to oppen the home menu, and i dont care i know the fuck how to oppen the home menu, then i try to sit on a virtual chair, to match my real chair, but when i sit im lower than the chair and im inside it, instead of upside it.

Everything could be great, its just some little bad designed things that would just be top if it was corrected, just, if you are the developper/designer, try to go on your home in a new room you never did setup guardian before, and start the struggle to watch an online movie on virtual desktop, and you ll see everything that makes people mad, while the big screen looks so promising.

Also, one thing that could be great, even if black and white like in guardian setup, would be to have the virtual desktop available in this black and white vision of real world, to see a keyboard, a bag of chips, peanuts, or anything.