cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB driver warning and more

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
So only had it 1 day and wow nothing but problems!

here is the list-
•USB needs updating - already has upto date drivers - Have to uninstall that USB controller and restart PC to fix.
•Display port unplugged - no it isn’t.
•When looking into the headset just get the 3 loading dots.
•When looking into the headset see the display but the touch controllers are directly in front of your face and can not move them.
•Oculus home constantly opening even after I close the app down.
•One of the touch controllers don’t work even when it shows connected in devices in the app - have to unplug batteries and reinsert to fix.
•In devices it shows phantom right controllers.
•When looking into the headset it displays correctly but the home screen is million miles in the sky.

As you can see there is a lot there I have managed to fix all but the phantom controllers but I will not hold my breath as I’m sure one of the above will happen again.

EDIT
As expected gets home from work and the update USB warning is there! So it’s safe to say it’s not our drivers unless all of a sudden intel are bringing out new drivers every 30 minutes!

I have spent more time trying to sort these little bugs than I have played the thing! 

Its safe to say i have not enjoyed the experience so far.

SPECS
32gb DDR 4
2080 ti 
Intel i9 cpu

full specs here - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MrBluePlaydoh/builds/

16 REPLIES 16

timj2456
Explorer
I've got almost the same build, but different MB, and having some of these same problems lately.   It worked fine when I first installed, but it's been acting wierd, and today, I am getting the USB Driver update  recommended.    Never had that issue, so I suspect it's something with the Rift S firmware, or the Oculus software.  <sigh>

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
As expected USB bug is back! original post updated.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
You may have to invest in a PCI usb card, i know two years ago when i got the CV1 i had nothing but similar issues, and it was from the fact that the VR HMD and my Mobo USB just did not get on, i suspect powering a VR HMD via the USB ports for some Mobo's just tilts some mobo's power stability over the edge, but i solved every and all issues with one little PCI card that is powered by the PSU, £20 inteck 4 port card, it powers both sensors and the HMD, and two years later the whole system is still rock steady, might be worth looking into.
Funny thing is though that the DK2 actually came with its own wall adaptor to power it,  so i always wondered why this option was removed from the CV1 as i think this might have fixed a lot of issues with the CV1 and Mobos'
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege

OmegaM4N said:

You may have to invest in a PCI usb card, i know two years ago when i got the CV1 i had nothing but similar issues, and it was from the fact that the VR HMD and my Mobo USB just did not get on, i suspect powering a VR HMD via the USB ports for some Mobo's just tilts some mobo's power stability over the edge, but i solved every and all issues with one little PCI card that is powered by the PSU, £20 inteck 4 port card, it powers both sensors and the HMD, and two years later the whole system is still rock steady, might be worth looking into.
Funny thing is though that the DK2 actually came with its own wall adaptor to power it,  so i always wondered why this option was removed from the CV1 as i think this might have fixed a lot of issues with the CV1 and Mobos'

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Yes think I seen that same thing on Amazon but I really don’t think that’s the issue and it’s ghost warning as there is actually no problems I can still play at the moment 

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Just wish we had some official word that these are all bugs and not our system, which I can not be of I’m honest 

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Well just enrolled on that beta thing and the USB warning has gone

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Don’t worry it’s now back, lol

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
My Rift S is working fine mate so I do think this is on your end.

Have you got latest version of windows 10 and latest GPU drivers?

Maybe try reverting back to old drivers. 

Also disable other things running in task manager like msi afterburner and antivirus etc.

Try differant USB slots on your motherboard and case.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!